Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sunday, July 29th

Tofu Scrambler and Roasted Potatoes $11 at Cafe Nola for breakfast...
Ever since the 'Soup Nazi' episode on Seinfeld, I've been wanting to try Mulligatawny Soup. Today, I bought a pint off the soup bar at Common Market.

This was sort of like a very thin Lentil Soup, I have nothing to compare it to, but it was very mysterious and intriguing.
Mr. SV's Pasta Salad for dinner. No oven turned on today.
Half a Date Crumb Square for dessert.
Could have been sweeter.
A little barn cleaning created some spots of wet chicken poop in the yard. These damp spots always attract butterflies. Below is a Yellow Swallowtail...
and a Black Swallowtail...No macro lens here.
Coming up tomorrow: Hoping to get more Ratatouille from Whole Foods.

4 comments:

xvavaveganx said...

Lots of yummy stuff today! That tofu scramble always looks great. Nice to have a consistently good vegan meal at a restaurant! I saw the Mulligatawny sign before I saw what you wrote and the first thing I though of was Seinfeld too :) Is mysterious and intriguing a good thing? ;)

The pasta salad looks great! Do I see sun dried tomatoes and capers? Or am i hallucinating maybe? The date square sounds amazing! I wonder if they don't put in as much sugar because the dates are supposed to be sweet enough.

Beautiful butterfly pics! Stay cool!

Ingrid said...

Cafe Nola does a nice job, that's for sure. I'm guessing the Mulligatawny Soup would be worth standing in a very long line?

I'm noticing that Mr. SV has an ability in the Italian food department.

Even without a macro lens, the detail is quite sharp on the butterflies! Lovely

blessedmama said...

See way back when, BlessedMama and Shenandoah Vegan were laughing out loud at the same television show! Who would've thunk?

Mr. SV's pasta salad looks terrific! I did get G to flip the rack of soy dogs over the open flame while camping this weekend. That wiped his cooking quota out for another year.

Vegan In The VI said...

Hey Now!!!!

VaVa, you will be happy to know that you are not hallucinating. You see Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Capers as well as Artichokes. That Seinfeld episode was the first time I never heard of Mulligatawny Soup. It was such a silly name.

Ingrid, I don't know if all Mulligatawny Soup is vegan. If so, I would definitely stand in line and risk being verbally abused for it. Mr. SV always cooks the pasta perfectly al dente, so there might be a drop or two of Italian blood in him from many generations back.

Blessed Mama, I'll never forget Elaine clutching those secret soup recipes and enunciating the name 'Mulligitawny'. Little did I know that another animal lover across the country was enjoying it as well and one day we would communicate via a series of tubes. The camping trip sounds like a success, at least foodwise.