Sunday, July 22, 2012

Sunday, July 22nd

After sleeping in late, lunch was at Black Bear Bistro, where Mr. SV & I started off by splitting the huge crunchy Vegan Salad $8...
and a bowl of the very flavorful Lentil Soup $6.50...
My Sloppy Joe $7.95...Good, but I have to say I prefer  Fantastic Foods Sloppy Joe Mix better. 
I enjoyed some Sparkling Lemonade later. Not as healthy as Kombucha, but $3 less per bottle.
After all that vegan goodness, dinner was a simple Hummus Sandwich.
A Sjaak's Chocolate Caramel Bar for dessert.
The Barn Cats this afternoon...Buttercup enjoying the weather...
Mystique withholding her feline treasures...
Marmulade Umlaut with son, Jasper, lolling on her tail...
Donovan (still the favorite) clinging to some carpet remnants..
Donovan loving on Mom...
Jasper and Buttercup. Look-a-likes, yet not close relatives...
Mystique giving me one last in focus pic...
Wascally Wabbit says, "Just keep those cats in the barn!"
Phew! Mega-post out.

7 comments:

xvavaveganx said...

Wow what a great food day and equally great post! I feel so spoiled by all of the amazing pics of your adorable crew! Great photos, it seems like they are coming around! Haha I love the caption under the bunny pic (which is also adorable!). Love all of the photos, so adorable :)

Your meals all look amazing. The salad from lunch looks absolutely perfect and lentil soup is always a great choice. How was the sparkling lemonade? It sounds really refreshing. The hummus sandwich looks perfect. The tomatoes looks so fresh and perfectly ripe. Can't go wrong with ending a great food day with chocolate ;)

Molly said...

Love the kitty shots! Great captures of them all. That bunny pic is adorable, too.

Looks like you had a wonderful day of food. Crunchy salads are the best!

Mary said...

Aw, such pretty kitties! Your dessert pics always make me drool!

Anonymous said...

your cats are so beautiful! and that salad is making me drool! yum!

Ingrid said...

Looks like you've enjoyed a tasty weekend!

Cuteness abounds in the Shen household and barn! I take it that Mama has continued to improve in her tolerance of humans? I would have a hard time telling the difference between Jasper and Buttercup! Everyone is adorable - good looking bunch.

Miss Rachel said...

The food looks good, but I really love all the animal pics! Marmalade Umlaut is my favorite of the cats. She reminds me a little bit of my (dearly departed) cat Woody.

Vegan In The VI said...

Hey Now!!!

VaVa, thanks! The critter pics always bring in the complimentary comments. Who am I to complain?

Molly, I'm blessed with fuzzy butts. Wish I could capture the pups in repose. Maybe one day.

Mary, well, it wasn't the best pic of a chocolate bar, but thank you.

GFHTummy, thanks, it was a high quality salad. They did not let me down.

Ingrid, I compliment Mama daily on all her beautiful kittens. She gave birth to the greatest babies and they do so love their Mama. It takes some serious looking to discern Buttercup from Jasper;-)

Miss Rachel, Marmalade Umlaut is such a character. Always has that angry expression on her face, but purrs her head off when we pet her (without changing expression).