Saturday, July 28, 2012

Saturday, July 28th

A Grilled Vegetable Platter $15 at One Block West for lunch. There was Patty Pan Squash, very Licoricey Fennel, Red Pepper, Red Onion with Baba Ghanoush on top to tie it all together. Best Grilled Vegetable Platter I've ever had. I've really been lucking out on the grub lately.
Mr. SV had his usual 'Ed's Pasta' with Artichokes, Capers, Basil and Tomatoes.
Dinner was some Wildwood Burgers, as recommended by Jenny (who coincidentally updated her blog today!), with some Oven Fries.
A half a slice of Sweet and Natural Vanilla Creme Cake for dessert.
Miss Rachel requested 'Animoe' pics to spice things up around here. So this afternoon I went into the back yard and tried offering up some leftover Fries from Windy City Red Hots to the Chickens. Wouldn't you know, my camera battery died before I could get any good pics.
I'll try again tomorrow.

7 comments:

Molly said...

Patty pan squash is one of my favorites. That platter looks so good!

Love the picture of you holding the fry out to the chickens. :)

xvavaveganx said...

That grilled veggie platter looks absolutely perfect! SOunds like a winner for sure!

Those burgers for dinner look really yummy! I also love that you are holding a fry out for the chickens. Too bad your camera isn't cooperating! It's so frustrating when it starts to act up, I definitely know the feeling. My external flash is a major pain in the ass.

Cake looks yummy! I've been having major sweets cravings lately.

Ingrid said...

Beautiful presentation of the Veggie Platter.

Chickens! Even if there is only one pic of them, they are lovely.

Miss Rachel said...

Actually I believe I requested "ani-mule" pictures, but animoe pictures will do. Those are some nice looking chickens. Did they like the fries?

Anonymous said...

gosh i can't decide which looks better! the grilled veggie platter or that amazing dinner!!! :)

Vegan In The VI said...

Hey Now!!!!

Molly, there were many more Fries made available to the Chickens after the pic. They ate well.

VaVa, you need to open that Etsy bakery so we can all partake!

Ingrid, they are fantastic birds. So sweet, smart and funny.

Miss Rachel, I know you requested 'ani-mule', but 'animoe' is the Pittsburgh pronunciation. They did like the Fries. I hate to waste food.

Vegan In The VI said...

GFHTummy, thanks! You must've been leaving a comment while I was responding.