Saturday, July 7, 2012

Saturday, July 7th

No, not giant Chocolate Chip Cookies -- Veganomicon's Blueberry Corn Pancakes. Easy to make, but Mr. SV opined that 'the Blueberries needed to be cut up'. I think he was trying to say I should've used smaller berries and distributed them more evenly.
A gorgeous girl watched me make the pancakes...
Lunch was at One Block West where Farm Market Gazpacho $4 was the Soup Du Jour...
Our hot loaf of fresh baked bread...
My Pizza with Tofu-based 'cheese', Spinach and Tomatoes $10...
Mr. SV's Pasta $8 with Artichokes, Basil, Capers, Tomatoes...
After lunch, we were bummed to find out our mail man is retiring. We will miss his cheerful demeanor and reliable service.
Gardein Burgers with Corn on the Cob for dinner.
Even though I have both air conditioning and a luscious piece of Vegan Treats Hazelnut Cake, I just felt too hot to endulge in dessert.

6 comments:

Molly said...

I prefer larger blueberry chunks in pancakes. It's great to bite into them! Such beautiful company you had while making them, too.

Everything else looks absolutely terrific. You had a great Saturday! Too bad about the mailman, though.

Ingrid said...

Great looking pancakes! I've had blueberry cornbread before, so I bet I would like these. Agreeing with Molly on larger blueberries.

Oh, sweet pup! So cute.

The pizza looks spectacular.

xvavaveganx said...

Those pancakes look amazing! I've made Isa's blueberry corn muffins and they were sooooo good! I should make them again! You did indeed have a gorgeous girl supervising! Such a cutie!

Lunch looks amazing. The gazpacho sounds so fresh and that bread looks great. The pizza looks really colorful and yummy too!

Love that you topped your burger with tomato and avocado! Looks great!

Bummer about your mailman! That is sweet that they wrote a sign recognizing him though!

Miss Rachel said...

Let me at that bread; I'd dip it in olive oil. I love the way you presented your dinner. But really, every meal here is beautiful and delicious looking, and your dog is beautiful and sweetheart-looking. I don't even know my mail carrier's name; it's nice that yours is being so honored.

Vegan In The VI said...

Hey Now!!!!

Molly, I agree on the larger Blueberries. Who knew anyone would have a problem with large Berries?!

Ingrid, I've never had Blueberry Cornbread, only plain or Jalapeno. My readers are always way ahead of me.

VaVa, Isa's Blueberry Corn Muffins are a new one on me. I'll have to look for that recipe.

Miss Rachel, there was very nice EVOO for dpping as well.

Mary said...

That is one gorgeous girl! Your last pic with the corn and avocado on the gardein burgers, yum!!