Thursday, January 10, 2013

Thursday, January 10th

Another one of my homemade Apple Muffins for breakfast. Eight more to go.
I recklessly handled the serving spoons at the WF's Hot Bar today, but it was so worth it. Super delicious Aloo Gobi, Kung Pao Seitan and Spicy Mushrooms with Broccoli.
Boca Burgers and Mac & Cheese from Dawson's Market for dinner.
The Mac & Cheese 'Muffin' was really good and the perfect amount.
Half a 'Kitchen Sink' type cookie from Dawson's Market for dessert.
I guess this was a surprisingly good food day. How did that happen? Coming up tomorrow: another Muffin for breakfast and then CPK for lunch.

5 comments:

xvavaveganx said...

Hahaha I like the muffin countdown. I still think they look great, I can't tell if you are counting down bc you want them gone? Or because there are so many? Lunch looks really delicious! I kind of want to go on a US Whole Foods tour because I get so jealous of what everyone finds at their local WFs. I like your muffin theme with the mac n cheese muffin. It looks really yummy! What was in the cookie?

Ingrid said...

The Whole Food's near your work does a nice job on the vegan offerings at the Hot Bar.

Mac & Cheese muffin?! More pasta-like, or more muffin-esque? Quite creative on their part.

foodfeud said...

I am always baffles by yr WF lunches, mostly the combinations but also the possibilities!
Around the World in One Virginia. Approved. Gonna make those muffins soon. maybe. I've noticed you link to a lot of online recipes. Do you not obsessively collect cookbooks like I do? Or have you found more/ wider/ freer success with online recipes?

Vegan In The VI said...

Hey Now!!!!

VaVa, good question about the countdown. I think I'm hoping the Muffins will be gone. A dozen Muffins lasts a long time. I'm jealous of everyone's local WF's finds as well! Especially Ingrid. The Cookie was like Oatmeal Raisin.

Ingrid, the mini Mac & Cheese was more pasta-esque. It was creative. I hope the market stays in business.

FF, I usually cook recipes that have been recommended by others -- hence mostly online stuff. Guess I'm not adventurous enough to browse a cookbook and just cook something on a whim.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that it turned out to be worth handling the hot bar at Whole Foods. Hopefully that flu keeps avoiding you.

That mac & cheese "muffin" is very interesting.