Sunday, August 29, 2010

Two Delicious Days In A Row

Lunch was again at Mom's Place in Purcellville. This was a bowl of Stella's (Mom's) Lentil Soup which was thick like Chili so it could be eaten with the homemade Bread instead of a spoon. Again -- best ever Lentil Soup.
This is my $3.50 Garden Salad with Vinaigrette and a drizzle of Balsamic Reduction. I really didn't need it after all the Soup and Bread, but I ate it all anyway.
Dinner was Seitan with Mushroom Marsala on Roasted Potatoes...
Dessert was a Blessed Mama Chocolate Chip Pecan Bar. Having these in the fridge is like money in the bank. Why bother with any other sweet?
Lots of Frontera Malbec.

11 comments:

foodfeud said...

Yah, that lentil soup does look like chili! Is it tomato-based? Love the bread spoon too.

jess_fildespages said...

Lentil soup is vegan heaven.

dirtyduck said...

Hey Shen, i was here like five min after you posted this...but i felt like a creper so i came back later:)

lol FF bread spoon:)
my lentil soup never has a pretty color like that, its always grey...

Rose said...

I adore thick lentil stews/soups...yours looks perfect. I swear if there were one thing thing I could eat all the time and not get sick of (aside from beer/wine, garlic, tomatoes, and hot peppers) it would be lentils...oh, and salad...that salad looks crunchy and delicious.

Jessica said...

I have my eye on that pile of mushrooms. Yum!

Just Us said...

I haven't tried lentil soup yet, but looks like I need to soon. It looks awesome. And since you keep mentioning those blessed mama chocolate chip pecan bars, I am going to have to make those also.

Dianne said...

Mmm I love thick lentil soup. Why do people even bother making thin ones?

Bianca said...

Okay, now I'm gonna do you like you do me. :-) Recipe for the seitan marsala? That looks and sounds incredible!

Vegan In The VI said...

Hello Ladies and Germ!

How great is it that FoodFeud came back? If only Stacy would show up again.

Michelle1, I'm the same, my lentil soups don't come out very photogenic.

Michelle2, try not to broadcast that you've never had lentil soup. That is just wrong on so many levels.

Bianca, no way I'm giving you a recipe! (How does it feel????)

Morgan@LittleHouseofVeggies said...

EVERYTHING here looks amazing to me!

dirtyduck said...

YES!! im michelle number #1!!!!! after a lifetime of being 2's and 3's