Saturday, August 28, 2010

A Delicious Day

Lunch was at Mom's Place in Purcellville. I asked if they could do a Roasted Vegetable Sandwich and they totally delivered. Best Roasted Vegetable Sandwich I ever had in my life. I'd say it was the best Sandwich period, but WF's Seitan Panini still sets the standard.
Dinner was Aloo Gobi. Didn't taste too authentic, but it was light and appropriate after a heavy lunch.

Dessert was a Blessed Mama Chocolate Chip Pecan Bar. These are the bomb.
Lots of Lost Vineyards Shiraz/Cabernet Sauvignon...

8 comments:

jess_fildespages said...

I've got some Aloo Gobi cooking right now. Looks like a perfect day.

blessedmama said...

What a nice thing to come home to and read after a day-long soccer tournament with the kids! Thanks, S.V.! Also, glad the sandwich was such a hit - I love it when I'm happy with food.

dirtyduck said...

roasted veggies, my fav. seriously.have a good rest of the weekend Shen

Morgan@LittleHouseofVeggies said...

Roasted veggie sandwiches are my fav.!!! You did have a delicious day!!!

Vegan In The VI said...

Hello, Ladies!!!

It is so much better to have a delicious day than a non-delicious day. Hopefully I can continue in this manner of only eating delicious things.

Jessica said...

Wonderful plan to only eat delicious things! Was it any easier to ask for the veg sandwich this time?

Vegan In The VI said...

Jessica,

Funny you should ask that. I did feel kinda like a demanding b*tch asking for something that wasn't even remotely on the menu, but when they checked up on me, I emphasized how important it was that they add the roasted vegetable sandwich to the menu. They said they would, so we shall see..

Just Us said...

The roasted veggie sandwich looks deilish! So nice of them to make that for you! :o))