Thursday, August 5, 2010

Salad & Pasta

Lunch was off the Salad Bar at Whole Food's. WF's Hearts of Palm and Artichokes are so melt-in-your-mouth delicious, I think from now on I'm going to quit the charade of creating a salad and just fill up on these two items when they're available.
Dinner was Mr. SV's Thursday Night Spaghetti with TJ's Meatless Meatballs...
I am going to try and avoid dessert tonight. So if this post is published without a dessert, that means I successfully avoided cake & ice cream tonight. Although, I did enjoy...
Lots of Marcus James Merlot.

10 comments:

Stacy said...

Yes, I understand completely. if I can't have wine, I need dessert. And vice-versa. Happy Thursday!

Rose said...

Hey, I'm with you...I love, love, love hearts of palm. And in my house, wine is the norm and dessert the exception.

But, I have to say, I'm disappointed not to see our beloved cake today. Hoping he/she will put in her/his (close to) last appearance soon.

Morgan@LittleHouseofVeggies said...

I need to use hearts of palm more. I dont for some reason...dont know why. You just inspired me though, gotta go get some!!

Jessica said...

Maybe it's my hunger speaking, but I've got to get to the WF salad bar. Seriously.

jess_fildespages said...

I just drove through the Shenandoah valley and unfortunately did not find an awesome whole foods bar!

Just Us said...

ummm...I've never had hearts of palm. Looks like I need to give em a shot...the WF salad bar plate sure looks good though! :o)

sara said...

i gotta try those TJ's meatballs. the nearest TJ's is 45 minutes away but the drive's always worth it!

Carissa said...

I've always seen the heart or palm and artichokes but never tried it, I will next time though. You inspired me.

Vegan In The VI said...

Hello, Ladies!!!

Whole Foods really gets the good Hearts of Palm on their salad bar. I can't recommend any other type so don't blame me if you don't like them.

dirtyduck said...

i looked at the whole foods bar while i was in cal...their was nothing like what you get...i was fully prepared to go off my e2l diet....lol i HAD to get a smoothie instead:)