Saturday, August 21, 2010

Seitan Two Ways -- Panini & Picatta

Lunch was half of a WF's Seitan Panini...
Morgan happened to make it yesterday, but I've been planning to make Seitan Piccata since Stacy made it several weeks ago. Seriously! It takes me a while to get these specialty meals together. I used this Candle 79 recipe and it was phenomenal if I do say so myself. This was my first time having it, so I must say: The inventor of Piccata is a genius!
Dessert was a TJ's Valencia PB Sandwich (our grand tour of European cuisine sadly ended).
Lots of Lost Vineyards Shiraz/Cabernet Sauvignon..

7 comments:

Stacy said...

You definitely had a great food day. And thanks for the "tip o' the hat"!

Rose said...

Yum...I'll eat seitan as many ways as I can get it. Your piccata looks delicious...I agree whoever created it was a food genius. I'm going to check out that recipe asap.

Morgan@LittleHouseofVeggies said...

You go girl!!! Your piccata looks great! Piccata really is so amazing! BTW, thanks so much fot the heads up on my spell error! haha. I dont think anyone wants to eat creaNy potatoes!!! :) And thanks for the link shout out!

dirtyduck said...

"Piccata is an Italian word, the feminine form of the word piccato, meaning "larded." lol larded? i like this version a LOT more!! looks very tender.ttyl

Jessica said...

That is seitan two ways. The piccata looks good and seems to be well worth the effort. I may have to follow suit and make that, too.

Jenny said...

Funny - my sister just made seitan piccata, but I didn't get to see it or try it. Sounds so good!

Vegan In The VI said...

Hello, Ladies!

I really do hope you all try the Piccata recipe, I would not steer you wrong.