Thursday, August 12, 2010

Another Great Food Day

I took off work today and tomorrow, yay, so lunch was at home -- Yves Bologna and VEGENAISSE! on a WF's Pretzel Roll.
Dinner was Celebration Field Roast w/Road's End Organic Gravy and Mashed Potatoes.
Another day, another award given to my super great blog. Blessed Mama bestowed on me the much coveted 101 Award. Yesterday, I listed ten things (as we were supposed to do, Michelle!) that made me happy. Those things are pretty much the same today, so I don't plan to add ten more. (I was kinda TO'ed that Jessica picked all kinds of simple pleasures for her ten things -- summer breezes and clean sheets. I think she really wanted to list things like Billy Ray Cyrus and Tofu Pups but was afraid her parents would read it or something) .
Lots of Frontera Shiraz...

10 comments:

Jessica said...

This is my kind of food - pretzel roll and mashed potatoes! I hope you are doing something fun on your days off. I did censor my list. Billy Ray isn't on it, but Dierks Bentley might be. And smoking, but I haven't done that in 5 years.

Rose said...

Haha good one! Looks like you're on a roll with the old memes (or whatever you said they were). Anyway, very funny post.

Um, I think that a sandwich made with pretzel bread is sheer genius!

Enjoy your reprieve!

Stacy said...

That pretzel bread.....it looks so good. I wonder how they make it. I can't get it up here but maybe I can recreate it????

Billy Ray Cyrus.....that just perplexes me. But then again, I had a crush on Shaggy from Scooby Doo as a child so who am I to talk?

Just Us said...

Everthing looks delish except for the bologna...bluh...didn't like that when I ate meat, so I think I will skip trying it as a vegan, however the pretzel roll sounds awesome! I hope you are enjoying your LONG weekend!!!

jess_fildespages said...

Mmm...I'd like some of those potatoes. I've never been able to get into the vegan faux deli meats though. Something about the texture just throws me off. The so delicious is another story...

blessedmama said...

Well, your super great blog sure deserves it! Poor Billy Ray, he's getting no respect. At least he has you, and maybe only you.

Vegan In The VI said...

Hello, Ladies!

I believe pretzel bread is going to become more and more common across the land. It's like a giant soft pretzel.

Word to the wise: One day you will all realize what a hottie Billy Ray is and will strongly regret missing the opportunity to try to meet him when he entertained at your county fair.

dirtyduck said...

yea yea whatever:) i didnt understand! like i would give up a chance to talk about myself??lol i dont think so!

homemde mashed potatoes??...slobbers

(lol Blessed Mama)

Jenny said...

funny

kimberly said...

those pretzels rolls are interesting! i would really like to check those out.