Monday, August 9, 2010

Soup, Sandwich & Stir-Fry

Lunch was the $8.49 Soup & Sandwich Deal from Whole Food's...
Dinner was Stir Fry! Yes, Stir Fry! Stacy says Stir Fry is her "easy go to meal", so I made it. I didn't find it as easy as my personal "easy go to meal" (Veggie Burgers and Fries), but Mr. SV was happy that I didn't turn on the oven.
Dessert was Chocolate Hazelnut Coconut Bliss on a slice of the magical never-ending cake (Naturally Nora's mix with Blueberry Icing). The cake is really delicious, just too unusual for Mr. SV's dainty taste buds, so it fell to me to consume it all. Only two more servings of cake left and barely one serving of Coconut Bliss. I will miss them both.
Lots of Frontera Shiraz...

11 comments:

Marja @ StuckInYourBeard said...

So that's what's in the cake! Sounds good to me. Why doesn't Mr. SV like it?

Rose said...

That is a good looking stir fry, SV.

Only two more pieces of the magical cake? Let the countdown begin.

Stacy said...

Hey, thank you so much for linking to me! That is super-duper-duper nice!!!! And your stir-fry indeed looks tasty. And I am glad to see you are not shirking your duty with that cake!

foodfeud said...

What is in that stir fry? Black rice? Looks interesting.
Also, I can't believe how good you are with this "serving size" of cake and ice cream! And the fact that the cake isn't stale yet! Are you ever going to make it again?

Jessica said...

All the chopping makes stir fry a time consuming meal for me. But it's a favorite, I love to select my own vegetables to go in it.

jess_fildespages said...

If Mr SV doesnt want that cake you can always send it up here.

blessedmama said...

Love those big chunks of mushrooms; can't ever go wrong with a shroom.

Just Us said...

Your stir fry looks yummy. Looks to me that Mr. SV is really missing out on that cake, because it sure looks like it taste good!

dirtyduck said...

very healthy day!!! this ll looks great.especially the stir-fry!

Vegan In The VI said...

Hello, Ladies and Germ!

The cake is not "traditional". Mr. SV likes extremely simple food. It has taken me many years to accept this. I'm still working on it.

Thanks for the kind words about the Stir Fry. It is not something I would've made without getting inspiration from Stacy's blog. Vegan bloggers unite! Or untie, one or the other.

Stacy said...

That is the nicest thing anyone has said about me in awhile--thank you!!