Tuesday, August 17, 2010

It's Finally No Longer Monday

At one point yesterday I just could not believe it was still Monday, it had to be Tuesday! But, no, Monday was still going on. That was a weird experience I never had before, hence the title of yesterday's post. Anyway, during yesterday, the Seitan Paninis suddenly reappeared at WF's. They had goat cheese on them for some reason. I asked if they could make one without the cheese, which they couldn't. I had to put in a 'catering order' in order to have some Paninis specially made without cheese. I picked them up today and they were much bigger than the regular ones found in the Sandwich case, not as great as those, but pretty good. So look forward to pieces of my Panini stash appearing in future installments.
It took over six hours to digest my lunch. In fact, it wasn't really digested when I decided that dinner was going to be Okara Burgers with Tater Tots.
No room for dessert tonight, just lots of Frontera Shiraz...

9 comments:

Jessica said...

Wait, they couldn't make a sandwich and leave off the cheese? Weird. Sounds like a lazy sandwich-maker, to me. I've worked in stores, and sometimes you just get that person who doesn't want to/ can't understand how to help you. Maybe you're not as jaded as I am on that, but that's how I see it.

Stacy said...

Customer service is dead, but I am pleased to see the return of the panini!!!

Dianne said...

Well, at least now you have a lot of paninis at home, and you only have to eat one meal a day! I've started looking for them on the rare occasion I go to Whole Foods and no luck :-(

Just Us said...

I can't believe they wouldn't or couldn't leave off the cheese for you...crazy. Okra burgers..sounds interesting! The other day you asked if we stayed at the travel lodge in Winchester...funny you asked that because that is exactly where we stayed. We got there around 8:30, so we just walked over to cracker barell. I got a salad and baked potato :-( Have you ever been to Mt. Airey? We are going to stop there on our way home. We are leaving NJ tomorrow.

jess_fildespages said...

Nothing pisses me off more than a veggie sandwich with a slice of irremovable cheese.

Bianca said...

I can't believe you had to put in a catering order to have Whole Foods make a cheese-less panini. That's insane. Shame on Whole Foods.

Vegan In The VI said...

Hello, Ladies!!!!

Jessica, I agree, they were just pretending they couldn't make a sandwich without the cheese. If it wasn't crumbled goat cheese, I would've just picked it off myself.

Stacy, I thought the personal life was dead. Go figure.

Dianne, give up on looking for the paninis. It is an endeavor in frustration and you have access to far more delicious things.

Michelle, they're OkAra, not Okra burgers. Still strange though. Everyone who comes through Winchester without a plan stays at the Travelodge. It's right smack dab in the middle of town. You could've done better than the Barrel for eats, but too late now. Yes, Mt. Airy is lovely, you will like it.

Jessica, I have no idea what WF's is thinking mixing the seitan with the cheese. They do it with the Field Roast sandwiches too.

Bianca, thanks for your understanding. I am not the type of person to put in a 'catering order'. In fact, it gave me stomach pains from nerves worrying about picking it up.

LittleHouseofVeggies said...

That is crazy that whole foods wouldnt do a Cheeseless panini for you!

dirtyduck said...

"they were much bigger than the regular ones found in the Sandwich case"
score:)