Sunday, June 24, 2012

Sunday, June 24th

Kashi Autumn Wheat with Almond Milk for breakfast.
A Black Bean Burger with Red Pepper Hummus $8 for lunch at Dish.
An action shot of some of our chickens devouring the above bun in seconds flat.
Most of our flowers were planted by the previous owner of our property, so it's cool to see something flourish successfully that I planted. That something is called Liatris.
En route to Cafe Green yesterday, I was planning to order the Tempeh & Avocado Sandwich. Upon arrival I learned that Sandwich was only available during weekdays. Tonight, I made my own simplified version.
Cookies and Pudding for dessert.
Coming up tomorrow: Working from home type food.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh you have chickens! how cool! and that lunch looks so delicious -- yum!

xvavaveganx said...

Hummus on a black bean burger?! That is genius! It looks really good and your chickens look pretty stoked that they got to partake as well. They are so cute! Your dinner looks really good and that photo is awesome! Your lighting is perfect, it looks amazing and just a little moody ;) You know I love my moody lighting ha!
Dessert sounds great!

foodfeud said...

I don't know if any of the blogs you follow participated in Isa's Vegan Chopped Challenge, but one of her ingredients was black eyed peas so I've been seeing a lot of them today. The burger looks awesome.
Beautiful flower; you've got a great piece of land.

Ingrid said...

Dish certainly looks like they know what they are doing - I hope the black bean burger was as good as it looks!

How have the chickens taken to your baby chicks? I agree with Maud, lovely piece of land you've got there.

Your version of the tempeh and avocado sandwich appears delicious!

Re: Groupon - I check a couple times a week, but no restaurants stand out! I have so many other vegan friendly places to discover on my list, I suppose it's ok for now. :)

Vegan In The VI said...

Hey Now!!!!

GFHTummy, thanks for looking!

VaVa, I wish I knew jack sh*t about lighting. Just a tiny kitchen window is what I'm working with down here. Thanks for the kind words.

FF, I've been watching Ingrid participate in the challenge but that is it. We do have some nice land.

Ingrid, the big chickens have not taken to the baby chicks at all. There's a major 'pecking order' to be established. Since I'm so obsessed with Groupons, I may have to start subscribing to the Denver feed. I hope for your sake, I don't find any good ones,

Amazing Movers said...

wooow tasty and delicious food pics.... i want to eat every thing...
Removals in Sydney