Saturday, June 16, 2012

Saturday, June 16th

We decided to go to  Founding Farmers for breakfast because they open at 9am, but, of course, once we get seated they say they no longer have any vegan breakfast options. They did make me a vegan lunch entree: 'Farmers Artichoke and Chick Pea Gunny Sack' $16. It was Filo filled with Artichokes, Chickpeas, Olives, Onions atop Crushed Tomatoes with Lemon Garlic Spinach on the side. It tasted good and was a light start to the day, which I needed because...
lunch was at Everlasting Life Cafe. My 'One Entree and Two Sides' $9.80 was one Piece of Fried Chicken, a side of Mac & Cheese and a side of Lentils.
I got a Rising Sun Smoothie $6.60 to enjoy on the ride home. The guy making the Smoothies patiently talked me through attempting my own Rising Sun Smoothie at home. I'll try it and post my findings.
Carryout BBQ Seitan and leftover Mac & Cheese for dinner.

Two Sweet and Natural Raspberry Thumbprints for dessert.
Coming up tomorrow: Hopefully, more local vegan dining.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, what an amazing day of eats! that breakfast-lunch was delicious! thanks for sharing!

Molly said...

That's nice that they made you something, but stinks that they didn't have vegan breakfast items on their menu anymore.

Your weekend has been quite delicious!

Wendi said...

That fried chicken looks great. I wish there was a place for vegan fried chicken where I live!

xvavaveganx said...

What a great food day! Looks like you got to enjoy lots of yummy meals! The breakfast looks light and fresh and that lunch looks decadent and so delicious! Gotta love thumbprint cookies for dessert :)

Looking forward to seeing what's on tap for tomorrow!

Miss Rachel said...

Very yummy looking lunch for breakfast. That smoothie is a pretty color. I wouldn't drink it, but the color might make a nice room decor.

foodfeud said...

No breakfast options at 9 am? Are they expecting you to wake up at 5 on a Saturday? Do share what you've learned about the smoothie..!

Vegan In The VI said...

Hey Now!!!!

GFHTummy, thanks for looking!

Molly, I totally batted 1,000 foodwise this weekend.

Bean, you've got some pretty interesting vegan grub up your way. We're learning that now.

VaVa, yesterday was a great food day. Today was pretty good as well.

Miss Rachel, I guaratee you would drink this smoothie. The color of it is called lead paint chip of a 1950s mental institution'.

FF, Mr. SV is one of them there 'morning persons'. If I want to eat breakfast out, it has to be around that time you usually go to bed for the night. Re: The Smoothie: I picked up some bulk Spirulina just today.