Saturday, June 30, 2012

Saturday, June 30th

Kashi Autumn Wheat with Almond Milk for breakfast.
Mr. SV drug me out into the heat for lunch at La Mezzaluna Cafe and I'm glad he did. As usual, the Garden Salad shared 'family style'...  
the Garlic Knots made without butter..
and the Penne Pasta with Broccoli & Marinara.
Dinner was the Nigerian Peanut Soup from Vegan Fire and Spice. This was the recipe I saw on Molly's blog that finally forced me to buy this cookbook. Unfortunately, now that Molly has switched to a new blog, I can't find her original post to compare. 
The last third of the Yellow Cake with Chocolate Icing from Everlasting Life Cafe for dessert.
Thankfully, we didn't have any major damage from the storm, just lost internet and cable for the day.

8 comments:

xvavaveganx said...

Glad to see everything is ok after the storm! That lunch definitely looks like it was worth a trip out into the blazing heat! The garlic knots alone would be enough to get me out of the house ;) Great food day!

Hmmm I don't know about your camera :( I usually download my photos by putting the card into a card reader. My dSLR is also a Nikon, I don't know much about Canon, at least not enough to try and diagnose the problem. Hopefully they'll be able to figure it out!

Stay cool!

Ingrid said...

Heard that was quite an event! I spoke to Grandma in Falls Church this morning, and she's been without power for two days. All of the stores are out of ice, and she's been told not to drink city water. I'll tell her to pack up her West Highland Terrier, and head your way. ;)

La Mezzaluna Cafe looks like a good choice - nice going, Mr. SV! Peanut Soup sounds really delicious!

foodfeud said...

What did you think of the soup?
Glad to hear you and the critters are all alright after the storm. Heard it was a, how you say, doozy.

Molly said...

I'm glad to see you made a recipe out of the book!

Lunch out looks great, too. A terrific Saturday, indeed!

Vegan In The VI said...

Hey Now!!!!

VaVa, I'm sure if you were here you could troubleshoot the camera. Probably just my dopeyness. I'll try to get it fixed soon.

Ingrid, I wish we could take in your Grandma and her baby. I need to seriously clean and redecorate and then clean again.

FF, loved the soup. It has peanut butter in it, so you might not like it. Yep, the storm was the worst this area has seen in a long time. Unusual that it bypassed our house, but we're grateful.

Molly, the soup was great. Thanks for forcing me to finally buy the cookbook. If you could let me know what other recipes you made (since I can no longer search your old blog) that would be great.

Molly said...

Here are a lot of the dishes we've made- http://www.flickr.com/search/?w=48824804@N00&q=vegan%20fire%20spice

Hope that helps!

Vegan In The VI said...

Thanks Molly, very helpful. The Indonesian Tempeh Salad is next on my list.

Amanda J said...

Mmm... That peanut soup looks amazing!