Sunday, April 15, 2012

Sunday, April 15th

I thought I'd be clever and fry up leftover Silken Tofu for breakfast this morning (with Yves Breakfast Patties). Joke was on me though, it tasted like less than nothing. Bleh.
An $8 'Entree and Two Sides' meal for lunch that I'd picked up at WF's on Thursday -- Seitan, Singapore Noodles and Bok Choy. Meh.
Dinner was a conglomeration of multiple Fried Rice recipes as seen around the web. Mine was comprised of leftover PF Chang's Brown Rice, Soy Curls, Asparagus and Water Chestnuts. Pretty darn tasty for an off-the-cuff type meal.
Silky Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie for dessert.
Pics of Marmalade Umlaut's kittens taken today: Mystique...
Jasper (they're in a barn, hence a few cobwebs)...
and my personal favorite, Donovan...
Coming up tomorrow: Hopefully something other than Rice & Bread...

8 comments:

xvavaveganx said...

Bummer that your first few meals were meh but it looks like dinner certainly made up for it! That pie still looks amazing and rich. I'll have to check out the recipe!

Beautiful pics of the kitties, they are such good looking animals. Love seeing their faces on here :)

Rose said...

Oh, Marmalade's brood is so cute! I have to say, Jasper has that "come hither" stare. Good to see all of them; they look happy and comfy!

Your fried rice does look awesome!

foodfeud said...

Gorgeous kitten pictures. The lighting in the one of Jasper is really beautiful, especially for being in a dim barn.
Nice looking fried rice! I love that you put water chestnuts in there. I remember not knowing what those were, even after eating them for so long.

blessedmama said...

Bummer about the bland breakfast meal. You definitely need to kick up the flavor in tofu sometimes. Are you sure those cobwebs are outside? Hmm? By the way, as usual, I did a scan down of your latest meals (I do that when I don't come by every day) and saw that you had a "blessed" day. I'm hoping you liked the dishes. You know how nervous I get. But, I'm glad you didn't warn me this time.

Vegan In The VI said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vegan In The VI said...

Hey Now!!!!!

VaVa, I think only the pie crust has gluten. Maybe you could find a way around it. It's such a great and easy recipe.

Rose, the barn cats bring so much joy. It is tempered by some unwell cats in our house. I may show them on the blog sometime, but I don't want to bring down my audience.

FF, are Water Chestnuts something I should google? They don't come from underwater Chestnut Trees?

Blessed Mama, those particular cobwebs are in the barn. I have plenty in the house as well. You must be a constant nervous wreck because all the comments on your blog are from folks saying they're planning to make your recipes!

kimberly said...

i love the kitty pictures...i miss my kitty so much these days!

also, that peanut butter pie looks incredible. i am going to make something like that this summer i think.

AleksShamles said...

My husband began to suffer from erectile dysfunction a month ago but he decided not to postpone the problem and on the advice of a friend bought an Indian pharmacy http://www.sildenafilfromindia.net/. You know it is inexpensive, but no one expected such an effect. It works very powerfully for potency and helps many times to have sex. But before taking consult with a doctor.