Monday, April 30, 2012

Monday, April 30th

Leftover Omelette on WF's Russian Black Bread for breakfast.
Pepper Vege-Steak Burger $9.50 Grilled Vege-Steak (made of Yuba/Tofu Skin) with Green and Red Bell Peppers in a Black Pepper Sauce. Garnished with Lettuce, Tomato, Cucumber slice and Mozzarella Soy Cheese with Organic Fries $3.50 from Lotus Vegetarian for lunch. Followed by enough TJ's Chocolate Salted Almonds to make me a little bit sick.
Dinner was a huge slab of the Lasagna that I made this weekend with Tofutti Ricotta.
After all the above grub, I was pretty heavily weighed down for the evening. Coming up tomorrow: more of the usual.

6 comments:

Ingrid said...

The omelette looks great, especially so considering it is one it's second day!

Lotus Vegetarian has a great menu, and your choice looks good.

Ooh, what's in your lasagna (other than the Tofutti!)?

foodfeud said...

Agreed, the omelet (how does one spell that??) looks great, especially on the bread. I guess anything sounds good on that bread.

xvavaveganx said...

I'm going to have to agree with Ingrid and Maud, your breakfast looks so good. That's how I would eat my omelettes in my pre vegan days :) Looks like a great breakfast.

I love that you include the restaurant menus. You've got some pretty great options near you. The sandwich looks good and the fries look yummy.

Nice lasagna! I still need to try the tofutti ricotta. Is it ok on it's own? Or does it have to be cooked into something?

Rose said...

I reeeealy like the idea of the omelette on rye bread! The burger with yuba sounds super yummy too; I want one now. Your lasagne looks simply scrummy too!

Vegan In The VI said...

Hey Now!!!

Ingrid, just Spinach, Mushrooms and Prego in the Lasagna. Didn't want to waste too many ingredients in case it wasn't goo.

FF, WF's Black Russian Bread is very good. For $4.49 per tiny loaf it had better be.

VaVa, my love of Tofutti Ricotta may have run dry with this Lasagna. Best not to say 'yay' or 'nay' at this time.

Rose, where have you been? I don't like it when you disappear. I worry you may never return.

Vegan In The VI said...

Hey Now!!!

Ingrid, just Spinach, Mushrooms and Prego in the Lasagna. Didn't want to waste too many ingredients in case it wasn't goo.

FF, WF's Black Russian Bread is very good. For $4.49 per tiny loaf it had better be.

VaVa, my love of Tofutti Ricotta may have run dry with this Lasagna. Best not to say 'yay' or 'nay' at this time.

Rose, where have you been? I don't like it when you disappear. I worry you may never return.