Saturday, April 14, 2012

Saturday, April 14th

Cucumber and Cream Cheese on locally baked Dark Sunflower Bread for breakfast.
It was a blessed day Chez Shen. Lunch was a smaller portion of Blessed Mama's Red Beans Over Barley. I made just enough to feed one hungry vegan.
Dinner was Blessed Mama's Maple Glazed Seitan Roast with HP Sauce as recommended by Miss Rachel, Baked Potato and Roasted Aparagus
Poley loved the label on the bottle of HP Sauce. So veddy British.
Silky Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie for dessert. I've been saying for years that I was going to make this again and today I finally did.
Coming up tomorrow: Hoping to make more recipes.

7 comments:

xvavaveganx said...

That pie looks like absolute perfection and your model is gorgeous as always. That dark sunflower bread sounds really delicious, especially topped with cream cheese and cucumber. Loves beans and grain and dinner looks great, your asparagus looks so yummy!

Molly said...

Great food day! Most definitely a blessed day for you.

I love the picture of Poley. So cute!

Oh, and yes, I think you should blame Friday the 13th.

foodfeud said...

Ha! Love the shot of Poley.
I think I like the "stay home on weekends and be Blessed" side of Shen. The asparagus looks perfect, as does that pie.

Ingrid said...

What a fantastic day! I love sunflower bread, and I'm glad to see you're still enjoying the cucumber / cream cheese combo.

Chez Shen! Love it!! I actually said it out loud, and chuckled.

I also chuckled at the picture of Poley! Too cute!!

The Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie is very reminiscent of the pie I made for my birthday, so I imagine it is rich and delicious.

Miss Rachel said...

A blessed food day indeed. Great breakfast idea - yum! I hope you and Poley enjoyed the HP Sauce.

sara said...

the pie looks so good! and poley looks so happy with his HP sauce. so cute :)

Vegan In The VI said...

Hey Now!!!!

VaVa, it was a gluten-heavy day. I don't know how you go without. I'd starve!

Molly, Poley is a foodaholic like his Mom. It's easy to pose him near anything edible.

FF, the "it's Sunday night and I've drank a bottle of wine" Shen is now in control. Run for your lives!

Ingrid, I know this pie is reminiscent of something you weren't fond of. I swear this recipe works (just make sure to really drain the tofu).

Miss Rachel, we did enjoy the sauce, thanks for the rec!

Sara, the pie is great. I hope you'll try making it. It's very easy.