Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thursday, November 27th

In case you didn't know, Native Foods offers an AYCE Thanksgiving buffet for $24.95/pp...
I picked them for our Thanksgiving feast because they allow one to enjoy beer or wine with the meal. Something I couldn't do at Loving Hut or Woodland's Vegan Bistro....
was very impressed with the Mashed Potatoes, Stuffing, Gravy, Green Bean Casserole and Cornbread...Didn't try the Polenta Butternut Squash Terrine, but Mr. SVegetarian liked it very much...
Not so impressed with the Seitan Wellington...Served ala Roast Beef...Glad I didn't pre-order one to go...
Didn't taste the cold Salads...
In retrospect, I would have felt better had I just eaten Salad...
my first plate...
second plate was just Mashed Potatoes and Stuffing...
the dessert options...Pumpkin Cheesecake...Didn't try this, but, again, Mr. SVegetarian approved it...
...Brownies and Pumpkin Pie...
I went for the Pumpkin Pie. Mr. SVegetarian said he liked it, but I wasn't so impressed...
Native Foods did a great job keeping the people and food moving. Everyone working there was so cheerful and friendly. I know my pics make it look like a dinky affair, but there was a full buffet set-up on both levels of the restaurant and the quality of the food was top notch. Wegman's PB and some Carob Chips for a 'late night' snack...
Before we hit up Native Foods, I stocked up at Sticky Fingers and Woodland's, so their grub will be featured over the next week. Bye for now.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy thanksgiving! What a find, that spread looks incredible! It's also nice that the people working were happy and cheerful,that makes the experience that much better! I'm glad you enjoyed most of what you tried. Looking forward to seeing what you picked up on the way as well :)

foodfeud said...

Wonderful, wonderful! I have no idea how you resisted any of that stuff. Well, maybe I can understand resisting the radioactive Wellington.
Did you even bother eating breakfast?

Unknown said...

Great choice! I mean, what restaurant has a thanksgiving without any beer or wine ??? Kind of a bummer the seitan roast wasn't better, but we all know the stuffing and mashed are where its at :)
Our celebration went well- i managed to even get everything hot and ready at the same time! The omnis didn't even notice most everything was vegan- which is the entire point; vegan food IS food and can be delicious! We had a good bit of wine too- enough that I didn't realize i forgot to take my leftovers :/
Ttrockwood

Vegan In The VI said...

Hey Now!!!!!

Sarah, it was nice that the employees were so upbeat. My nature is to feel bad that they have to work when others are on holiday. Are you going to share anything from your holdiay? any TJ or Tyler pics?

FF, no breakfast (not even any Spiced Gin). Maybe I should haved 'primed" my stomach with something because I really killed myself with food.

Unknown, glad to hear all your hard work was well-received and I hope you get some of your leftovers back. That way you can enjoy them without distraction and see what will be repeated next year and what wont. Did all the Glogg get drunk?

Abby Bean said...

I've always wondered about that Wellington; thanks for taking one for the team! I for one am glad you didn't stick to salads. That's what non-holiday days are for.