Saturday, November 8, 2014

Saturday, November 8th

Ah! The 'Tofu Scramble Wrap' at True Food Kitchen this morning. Mr. SVegetarian was most helpful by eating half the Wrap..the Beans, however, were all mine...
A 'Custom Salad' $6.35 carried out from Sweetgreen for dinner. Baby Spinach, Avocado, Tofu, Tomatoes, Red Onion and Chickpeas with Pesto Vinaigrette (so many previous Salads I ate from there were ordered with Balsamic Vinaigrette, as I was unawares it wasnt vegan). Unlike, LPQ, Sweetgreen has no qualms about serving over-ripe (brown) Avocado. This was the first Sweetgreen Salad I ever had that I didnt love. Next time I will try without Avocado...
Almond Milk Mocha Almond Fudge for dessert. Yes, it had been in the freezer a while...
So a good breakfast and dessert. Bye for now.

4 comments:

foodfeud said...

Oh, bad avocado is so mean. And it does have a very particular flavor. Weird that a balsamic vinaigrette wouldn't be vegan, what the hell? And a pesto one is? Bizarre.
Is their cauliflower in that wrap too? It's everywhere, you're right.

Sarah said...

That is such a bummer about the salad. What place with an ounce of pride would serve brown avocado?! Gross. Strange that a pesto dressing would be vegan and the balsamic isn't. How nice of Mr. SVeg to help ;) Great looking wrap as always and I must try that ice cream!!

Have a great sunday!

Unknown said...

Perfect solution to the generous brunch wrap! I love the beans as the side but they are filling.
How the hell is a basalmic vinegrette not vegan??? They put honey in it...? So weird. I love their salads, the mark bittman salad they had a while back was good. And they have good topping options for the make your own- but why did they even serve you the bad avocado? That's really lame.
I was actually in TJs today and snagged a few of those veggie chilis for the cupboard as well as a restock of the meatless balls and soup making stuff for cooking tomorrow. And of course more honeycrisps.
Ttrockwood

Vegan In The VI said...

Hey Now!!!

FF, totally sucks that the Balsamic Vinaigrette aint vegan. Thankfully, there was no Cauliflower in my Wrap,

Sarah, you definitely must try the Almond Milk Mocha Almond Fudge!

Unknown, I was pretty shocked watching the Sweetgreen girl scoop that nasty brown Avocado into my Salad, but did nothing to stop her. I made a humongous Soup today as well. Stocked up on myHoneycrisps at WF's though.