Saturday, November 1, 2014

Saturday, November 1st

Now that Harriman's has been open over a year, they have revamped their Tofu Scramble and jacked up the price to $16. It was way better before...
although there is now bread instead of the Tempeh Bacon, meaning I got to partake of the tiny jellies, which I always love. Service was particularly stellar, but we dont expect that unusually over-qualified server to be there long...
Mr. SVegetarian got the AYCE Buffet, so I finally got to sneak a bite of the Vegan Pancakes. And I finally understand why I always see these Pancakes left on people's plates. Mr. SV admitted he had trouble scraping them off the chafing dish. Unusually gummy Pancakes...
WF's Vegan Ravioli for dinner. Great stuff. Highly recommend...
More WF's goodness for dessert...
Have fun with your extra hour tomorrow. Bye for now.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That's $$ for a tofu scramble even in nyc! The toast looks nice and thick. Your potatoes you make look better though. Good thing you didn't order pancakes.
I checked all the ravioli at fairway today (didn't want to deal with the schlep to whole foods, fairway is like two blocks away) and out of the two dozen kinds they had exactly zero were vegan. What twits. Yours look so good i want some!
Best costume i saw yesterday was actually very subdle- the guy was in a suit and tie, looked very corporate and serious-i suspect that's what he wears daily. But he had pointy elf ears! That was it. Really good ones too, looked as natural as pointy ears can. Hhmm. Maybe it wasn't a costume.....
Ttrockwood

Sarah said...

$16?! That's pretty steep for a tofu scramble... they don't even use the sectioned plate anymore! Too bad about the pancakes but at least you satisfied your curiosity. At least the day ended on a good note with yummy ravioli and chocolate!

foodfeud said...

$16 is steep for a tofu scramble, but the jellies are very cute - I can see why you like them. I might have told you, when I was a kid my parents would travel a lot and bring back tiny jellies and honey jars from the plane for me. Better than a souvenir.
Gummy pancakes are sad. They are difficult to make well, though. Wonder what's in them.
Yes, everything I watch, I watch on my computer. I love American Horror Story, though! Have watched through the Asylum season and am (not so) patiently waiting for Coven to get online.

Vegan In The VI said...

Hey Now!!!!

Unknown, the thing is, I would be willing to pay $16 for some spectacular Tofu Scramble, but this (and the Potatoes) were totally lame and mediocre. Fairway seems like such a great store from what Sarah has posted, surprised they didnt have vegan Ravioli. Hope you found other goodies there. Maybe you could get some Elf or Spock Ears to wear with your power suit next Halloween? Maybe lock eyes with the Hobbit Dude;-)

Sarah, I felt part of the $16 Tofu Scramble price tag was to pay for the new plates. What a rip.

FF, my parents brought me back the shampoos, soap and conditioners from their hotel rooms. How f*cking cheap and lazy were our parents? Sheesh! Doubt Coven will ever be online.

ce8dblahblahblah, what about vegan American women? dont like them either?