Wednesday, December 18, 2013

WTF Wednesday

Bob's Red Mill Quick Cooking Oats with TJ's Dried Cranberries for breakfast.  I know, it's boring, but it's what I wanted....
Eggless Egg Salad from Roots Market for lunch...
Not as good as the Eggless Egg Salad from Common Market. Still better than anything I can make myself....
Dinner was my riff on Spring Street Natural's 'Malaysian Braised Tofu' using WF's Sesame Grilled Tofu and Wegmans' Sesame Noodles...
A Thumbs Up Bar for dessert...
Coming up tomorrow: 100% completely different food than seen above, but definitely things that have been seen before.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Oatmeal is never boring!! ;) I could eat oats every day and never be bored. Still not a fan of eggless egg salad myself but your sandwich does look good. I've never heard of that chocolate bar before... it looks reminiscent of a butterfinger? Is that accurate or not even close? ;)

Unknown said...

Oatmeal is perfect for wintery mornings! It looks like they forgot the nutritional yeast in the eggless salad.... The red and green olives side is such a perfect color combo right now :) and i'm impressed by the mix and match tofu and noodles, the thick tofu slices look really good.

I'm thinking to make fresh gingerbread on xmas, easy enough to make vegan still using mom's recipe.....the omnis might not notice...and obvs some glogg and bubbly will be around.
Ttrockwood

foodfeud said...

A thumbs up bar, whoa! Sounds good.
Also nice job on the noodles + tofu. That looks exactly like the kind of noodles they were. Hope you enjoyed it. G and I went out to dinner last night and I got a curry noodle soup, which was much more what I was looking for. Spicy and saucy.
Got some oatmeal going for overnight too. It really is perfect some mornings.

Vegan In The VI said...

Hey Now!!!!

Sarah, you are correct! A Thumbs Up is a vegan Butterfinger. I always preferred Fifth Avenue Bars and this is what it is more reminiscent of.

Unknown, fresh Gingerbread?! Sounds perfect! Great for breakfast or dessert.

FF, Curry Noodle Soup is definitely something I could never make. How do you know what you are going to want to eat for breakfast? That always amazes me.

Hannah said...

I love those Thumbs Up bars. So very very much.