Wednesday, December 11, 2013

WTF Wednesday

Finally tried the Daiya Cream Cheese this morning. It is definitely cheesier tasting and more spreadable than Tofutti and TJ's, but I'm not sure if it's worth the extra $1.50+ for that...
A bowl of  'Sweet Potato Bisque' $9 from The Randy Radish for lunch....
Japanese Golden Chop with a side of Collards and Carrots for dinner. I bought the Collards and Carrots to make a 4C Salad, but can't bring myself to actually make one...
WF's Apple Pie with Almond Dream Cappuccino Swirl for dessert...
Going into the office tomorrow, so there will be different things for breakfast & lunch.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

OK my mind is blown, I don't think I even knew that Daiya made cream cheese! Now I'm really curious to try it. The soup looks really silky and creamy and delicious. I have been meaning to eat soup since this ridiculous drop in temperature but I'm so picky about it. Hot and sour soup would certainly take the chill off. Dinner looks great and the repurposed greens and carrots look really tasty. And pie is always a great idea. Warm pie sounds pretty ideal right now.

Unknown said...

I was also clueless that diaya made cream cheese- apparently i order tofutti at bagel shops yet never buy it at the store......
Tell Randy the soup looks awesome and i'm sure its delicious, but even in nyc $9 for a bowl of soup is pretty steep.....unless hopefully you meant it was for a multi serving container?
Salad doesn't sound as appealing as roasted veggies right now. And you had a 3C dinner plate- good enough in my book!
Hope the cube food is worth the voyage from home base.
Ttrockwood

Hannah said...

The existence of Daiya cream cheese may not blow my mind the way it apparently does some, but I do think it would be good dolloped into that soup.

Abby Bean said...

I really need to eat more soups before it's too late. However, I'm on a cooking hiatus, so Amy's it is!

Vegan In The VI said...

Hey Now!!!!

Sarah, maybe you could try the Daiya Cream Cheese on your TJ's Pumpkin Bagels?

Unknown, I'm guessing it's still Tofutti in the bagel shops. Not that there's anything wrong with that. There were two cups of soup for the $9. $18 for a quart container.

Hannah, something definitely needed to be dolloped into the soup, but I was clueless as to what. Now you tell me!

Abby Bean, really? Opting for Amy's over WF's or TJ's?