Monday, December 23, 2013

WTF Monday

Natures Path Heritage Flakes for breakfast...
My take on the 'Lehigh Avenue Sandwich' from Taylor Gourmet for lunch. I've never had their Sandwich (comprised of Roasted Cauliflower, White Bean Hummus, Red Pepper Dressing and Arugula). I used Wegmans' Roasted Cauliflower, Hummus and Baby Spinach. If my version is any indication how delicious this combination is, I can't imagine how great their Sandwich must be. Was a little sloppy, but not as bad as the pic would lead one to believe.
Japanese Golden Chop with Blessed Mama's Sauteed Dino Kale with Criminis for dinner. Can you tell I recently bought a box of TJ's little Heirloom Tomatoes...
Glogg and a Randy Radish Jelly Donut for dessert. The sugar melted off the donut since I bought it on Saturday, but it was still chock full of Jelly. Glogg: where have you been all my life?
Happy Festivus.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I would never in a million years think to put that combination together on a sandwich but it sounds delicious!! Looks like a really delicious sandwich. Dinner looks great too, love the arrangement of the tomatoes :) The jelly donut also looks delicious, sugar or no sugar! Looks like you were having a belated Hanukkah celebration since jelly donuts are a Hanukkah tradition ;)

Happy festivus!

foodfeud said...

I got a craving to make mulled wine today (I didn't) and found a recipe a lot like this one but with honey. Did the house smell amazing while you heated it up?
Did you really buy port??
A cauliflower sandwich sounds unusual but pretty good, especially with white bean hummus.

Vegan In The VI said...

Hey Now!!!!

Sarah, my best Sandwich ideas are always stolen from someone else. You would like the Trader Joes Mini Heirloom Tomatoes. I highly recommend them. I probably have been celebrating Hanukkah subconsciously.

FF, I subbed Vodka for the Port, since I have no clue what Port is or how to find it. It truly was a delicious sandwich. You would like it with some Sweet Potatoes and Nooch in the mix.

Hannah said...

Is Glogg like mulled wine? Because that stuff is the sh*t.

Vegan In The VI said...

Hannah, not only is Glogg=Mulled Wine. It really makes you want to say 'Sh*t'.