Wednesday, March 23, 2011

WTF Wednesday

Mr. SV WTF'ed today too and took me to lunch at Savoir Faire. There's nothing exactly vegan on the menu, so the chef made us a meal of her own devising (Black Beans, Tomatoes, Green Peppers & Onions on Rice with Salad on the side). How refreshing is it to have a chef make a vegan dish that IS NOT a Portabella Mushroom or Eggplant??? Mr. SV ate the Thyme on top of his dish. I said it should not be eaten as it was a decoration. We decided to ask the readers: to eat or not to eat the Thyme sprigs on top? That is the question.

Above photo courtesy of Mr. SV's cell phone. Dinner was a Whole Food's Veggie Patty with Steamed Broccoli.

No dessert as we're in the midst of a massive T'storm and just trying to get this posted ASAP. Santa Rita Cabernet Sauvignon. We look forward to your answers.

7 comments:

foodfeud said...

That's a gorgeous looking lunch. Nice cell phone. I would...not eat those thyme sprigs. Did you?? Aren't they hard and bristly? Although I also recall reading a story that some woman asked about kale as a garnish and the guy she worked with was like, "Oh, don't eat that, it's poisonous."
Uh duhhh

Molly said...

No eating thyme sprigs for me!

Those are really good photos for phone pics. Nice!

Just Us said...

I agre with FF on the lunch and I would NOT have eaten the thyme sprigs....bleh

Jenny said...

If I was going to eat it, I would probably cut it into pieces with my fork to mix in with my food, rather than popping the sprig into my mouth. I do that sometimes with the parsley decor. I think you are both correct: that it is meant as decoration but entirely acceptable to consume.

Jessica said...

I know I am a day late, but I would at least chew on the thyme.

Rachel Maddow has a running joke about not eating the garnish, but I kind of disagree with her on that. I always at least nibble on the garnish.

dirtyduck said...

well, maybe id try them..?i like jennys answer the best.im always here commenting, why do i miss the best things?

LittleHouseofVeggies said...

I probably would pull off a few of the thyme leaves and sprinkle them on, but just a few or it would overpower the whole dish for sure. But that top dish DOES look so good! Mr. SV has some mighty fine camera photo taking skills! :)