Saturday, March 12, 2011

All New All Day

Lunch was at Del Sol Cafe in Winchester. I got the Market Wrap -- Avocado, Cucumber, Chopped Tomato, Red Onion, Romaine & Roasted Red Pepper Hummus in a Garlic Herb Wrap.
We also got some Fried Zucchini & Portobellos. Wish I could recommend this place, but I'll just say we won't be back.
Ever since Rose made this Fettuccine Alfredo, I've been gearing up to make my first Cashew Cream Sauce.
Tonight it finally came together with Creminis on top.
A couple weeks ago, Dale won the Top Chef quickfire challenge with his Pretzel & Potato Chip Cookies. The recipe on BravoTV's website isn't very helpful in terms of proportions, so I used this recipe subbing Coconut Oil for the butter.
The 'batter' was super crumbly and I put a TJ's Chocolate baking disc on top of each one.
Frontera Cabernet Sauvignon/Merlot.

5 comments:

dirtyduck said...

you wouldnt go back to that place? i was seriously thinking that it looked so good! maybe the Z sticks were a little burnt..but dont you kinda like that?

very pretty cookies

sara said...

i've gotta try that alfredo recipe -- looks great!

Rose said...

I agree that the lunch looked pretty good, but if you say not to go back there, I'll take your word for it.

The alfredo looks delicious! And the cookies are really cute. Potato chips and chocolate are awesome together.

Vegan In The VI said...

Michelle1, the restaurant pics did make it look good, but there are no pics of the service, atmosphere and taste.

Sara & Rose, I personally found the Alfredo recipe to be way too rich for my blood.

I will admit, the cookies did come out pretty well.

kimberly said...

i don't know what it is, but that wrap looks so delicious!!

also, nice job on the alfredo...it looks wonderful.