Monday, March 14, 2011

Random Eats

For $2.99, the sandwich counter at Whole Foods made me a Hoagie with Spinach, Tomato, Onion & Dijon Mustard. Then I bought a $2.39 pack of Yves Meatless Salami to have on it. So $5.38 wasn't too unreasonable for this delicious sandwich.
Only a day over 3 weeks old and the Spinach and Mushroom Lasagna is still tasting pretty good. It definitely doesn't look as pretty as it once did, but that's the story around here apparently. I'm thinking of just tossing the rest of it.
TJ's Chocolate Covered Cherries for dessert.
Frontera Cabernet Sauvignon/Merlot.

8 comments:

blessedmama said...

Do mine eyes deceiveth me? Me thought I read that the young lady would TOSS away food?! What have you done with the real Virginia lass, you impostor!

dirtyduck said...

chickens would love that! i have to disagree with you on that sandwich. i can count the lightly sprinkled leaves of spinach, i would NOT be happy!

i love/hate how you withhold the secret to your food preservation tactics.....

Jessica said...

You should make Mr. SV finish the lasagna. The only reason you still have some left is that he isn't eating his half!

Dianne said...

Good idea on the sandwich. I can't believe your lasagne is still good! Mine would be covered in fuzz by now.

Just Us said...

Not a bad deal at all on the sandwich! I'm catching up on all my blog reading and looks like you have had some great foods over the last few days!
I can't believe your lasagna has lasted so long. I would have tossed my leftovers after 3 days.

Rose said...

I find myself wondering about your food preservation methods too. I guess, I assume that stuff that lasts 3 weeks has been in the freezer. (?)

Vegan In The VI said...

I don't believe in 'Best By' or 'Expiration' Dates on food. They're bogus. Food is edible or its not and the Lasagna was edible by my standards.

Yes, I felt a little queasy afterwards, and that's why I'm gonna toss the last piece.

dirtyduck said...

lol a little queasy?