Thursday, July 10, 2014

Thursday, July 10th

Breakfast was a bowl of Wineberries that I picked this morning...
They grow wild like Raspberries. I used to cut back the prickly canes, but eventually caught on to the plants value. The fruit is very delicate, so I guess that's why it's not more mainstream.
Leftover Sloppy Joes and Fries for lunch...
Mr. SVegetarian was in Newark, Delaware on business and brought me back a Capriotti's Turkey Sub for dinner. They packed the 12" Sandwich 'for travel' so they wrap the Turkey, LTO in plastic wrap to keep the roll from getting soggy...
Little containers of Pickles, Sweet Pickles, Olive Oil and Hot Peppers are sent with the food...
About 6" was consumed tonight. After assembly. So great. Wish he had gotten the 20" Sub to go instead...
My annual Milkweed pics, taken this morning while I was out picking Berries...
I couldn't plant a prettier flower...
Lunch with Mom tomorrow. Italian (since Ingrid isn't around to guess). Bye for now.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I don't think I've ever heard of wineberries, those are really beautiful! How nice to harvest your own breakfast! Definitely can't get fresher than that!

I have no idea how you turned the oven on but the fries look great so at least it was worth it :) How nice of Mr. SV to bring home dinner, I actually like how they pack it up. Soggy sandwiches are no fun. The toppings are fun too. Beautiful flowers!

Unknown said...

Wow!! Those berries must have been amazing! They do look very delicate, that is really cool you could pick enough for a breakfast.
I read that as the fries were leftover from last night, although i hope you heated them up for lunch since cold fries are....meh.
What professional sandwich packing! Sounds like a great combo, i wonder if you could reverse engineer it to make your own once the rest of this one is gone...?

Your work computer sounds like Big Brother! Did you put duck tape over the camera lense yet??
Ttrockwood

Hillary said...

I have never heard of wineberries, they look really delicious. What do they taste like? I love the little lady bug on the beautiful flower!

Vegan In The VI said...

Hey Now!!!!!

Sarah, yep, i totally foraged for my own breakfast yesterday. Wasn't as rewarding as one would think since I was soaked in sweat after five minutes and felt gross and buggy.

Unknown, I could have picked way more Berries, but I had to leave some for my feathered friends. I think Wineberries are popping up in Farmers Markets lately. Definitely heated up the Fries. I am not a total masochist. I'm definitely going to be putting the Capriotti's Sandwich toppings to use for many weeks to come. And, yes, first thing I did upon receiving my work laptop was to tape a piece of paper over that little lens. Been following that story about Peanuts in the press lately? The little white pup that cause his owner to get punched out by some creep who stepped over him? Ruins it for everyone, people like that.

VP, the Wineberries are not like Wine, so don't worry. They're like Sweet Raspberries. I am glad someone noticed that Lady Bug;-)