Saturday, June 7, 2014

Saturday, June 7th

A rather distressing breakfast at LPQ this morning. Upon sitting down, I took a gander at the revamped menus and noticed Tofu Scramble was no longer on them. Mr. SVegetarian and I were all like, "where are we gonna go now? there's no where else to go! what's happening?!" Fortunately, the waitress said there was still some Tofu Scramble left in the back that they could serve me. Crisis averted. After breakfast, I was standing at the carryout section waiting on what I figured would be my last 'Lentil and Avocado Salad' to go (there are other, more convenient, places to get Salads). The very friendly and competent manager came over to chat. Turns out that the Tofu Scramble is indeed off the menu, however!, it will soon be on the blackboard as a 'seasonal item'.  This is because they're using Asparagus now instead of Mushrooms. Thus it's considered 'seasonal'.  Below is a pic of what I thought would be my final plate of LPQ Tofu Scramble ever (and I was so sad, I had forgotten to ask for Avocado)...
and below is my not last 'Lentil and Avocado Salad'. Although the Avocado was hard, it was still delicious....
and my not last 'Blueberry Muffin'....
While Mr. SVegetarian was riding around on his motorcycle this afternoon, he managed to safely prevent oncoming traffic from running over this Snapping Turtle as it made it's way across Route 17 to The Ashby Inn...
Quelle jour! Bye for now.

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Great post! I understand and feel your panic. And thanks to Mr. SV for saving the turtle!

foodfeud said...

Aaaah! That photo of the turtle freaks me out!
Why any restaurant would ever take a tofu scramble off the menu is beyond me. Luckily LPQ is not that dumb. Glad you figured out the mess and will be back.
The muffin looks great

Unknown said...

Whew!! They have had a version of the tofu scramble on there for years but, like trader joe's, they do upset people with the seasonal menu swaps.... When their summer gazpacho hits the menu/seasonal blackboard its really very good. You probably just avoided hard avocado on the 'fu too.
Another colorful delicious day! Mr SV did a good deed helping out that turtle :))

My parents loved their visit and as expected left here exhausted.... And people with families/pets/non work priorities don't last long in my profession. What did i miss on FF's blog about vegan ice cream?!??
Ttrockwood

Ingrid said...

I really wonder about carnivores. Seasonal tofu scramble seems silly, when they could simply write it on the menu with "vegetable offerings changing seasonally". I've been told several times to "pick out the meat". ARGH! (end rant)

Ingrid said...

I really wonder about carnivores. Seasonal tofu scramble seems silly, when they could simply write it on the menu with "vegetable offerings changing seasonally". I've been told several times to "pick out the meat". ARGH! (end rant)

Sarah said...

Yikes, I understand your feeling of panic!! Luckily they are not getting rid of it but how silly to take it off the menu rather than write "seasonal vegetables" like Ingrid has mentioned. Maybe the matcha muffin will show up on the blackboard too ;) Panic aside, lovely meals today as always and thankfully it wasn't the "last" of any of them.

Vegan In The VI said...

Hey Now!!!!

Jenny, Mr. SV saves a good number of Turtles during his rides. Snapping Turtles aren't the most appreciative of being moved. They will try to take off a digit or two.

FF, yeah, if the manager hadn't decided to be all friendly I could have potentially missed out on countless LPQ breakfasts. Possibly for the rest of my life.

Unknown, LPQ was very nearly perfect up till yesterday (even though I suspected the Matcha Muffins were too great to be around long). The Gazpacho has already hit the blackboard, I'll get some next week. You are a very driven career woman...whatever you do. FF has really been showing off on her blog lately.

Ingrid, I think the younger you are, the more likely someone is gonna disrespect your choices. The worst part is finally thinking of good comebacks years after the situation has passed.

Sarah, hard to believe that such a large corporation would republish thousands of menus and choose to omit such an important item. Whoever was in charge of that decision should be fired.