Saturday, June 14, 2014

Saturday, June 14th

A late breakfast/early lunch enjoyed at Great Sage. Mr. SVegetarian started with an Almond Milk Latte, whereas I went with a pint of the Flying Dog Gonzo Imperial Porter $6. At first sip, I didn't like it, however, by the bottom of the glass, the 9.2% abv had won me over...
One cannot go to Great Sage without getting the 'Artichoke Spinach Dip' $10...

My 'Crab Cake Sandwich' $13 Roasted Red Pepper, Caramelized Onion, Hearts of Palm 'Crab Cake' served on a Kaiser Roll, topped with Lettuce, Tomato and Basil Caper Remoulade. Served with Creamy Dijon Coleslaw.
Mr. SVegetarian very much liked his 'Chipotle 'Chicken' Salad Wrap' $12 Roasted Corn, Black Beans, Beyond Meat Chipotle 'Chicken' Salad with Lettuce, Tomato and Avocado (on the side) in a Spinach Tortilla. Served with Swiss Chard...
Made some Oven Fries to have with part of my leftovers for dinner...
More unusual weekend eats tomorrow. Bye for now.

5 comments:

foodfeud said...

I wonder how his would compare to this latte:
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/11/dining/the-best-iced-latte-in-america.html?_r=0
Lots of awesome stuff. Do you ever order dessert to eat at a restaurant? Or just take home stuff for later?

Unknown said...

What a great brunch! How great they offer an almond milk latte there. Everything looks so delicious there.... And the Mr's wrap is so stuffed full! It worked out perfectly to have your leftovers for dinner, with those gorgeous potatoes you make.

My bbq was on a terrace that faced the hudson river and jersey skyline- i actually didn't stay long because i woke up with a nasty cold so after two vodka cocktails (booze kills germs, right??) i went home and crashed.....

Ingrid said...

A delicious day! I know Great Sage is not close, but I'm happy for your taste buds that you went. Speaking of not close: I believe you are overdue in visiting Everlasting Life Cafe. Consider it an assignment. ;)

Sarah said...

Oh man, all of this looks so great!! That spinach dip looks amazing, I can definitely understand why you get it every time you go. Both entrees sounds really great as well, and even better that you got to enjoy it twice!

Vegan In The VI said...

Hey Now!!!!

FF, Almond Macadamia Nut Milk?! Yes, please! You gonna try to recreate it? I always take dessert home for later -- got three huge Great Sage Cookies in the fridge as I type this -- I know you & G like to share a dessert. That is a better way to live in the moment, but I am selfish and don't want to share.

Unknown, a terrace overlooking the Hudson! I'd have plunked some Alka Seltzer Plus Cold & Flu Tablets in my Vodka and toughed it out. Wonder if you got the cold during all the running around with your parents. Hope you feel better. Drink lots of hot tea.

Ingrid, once Native Foods opens in September, we'll most likely pick up some Everlasting Life grub to go while we're nearby.

Sarah, the Spinach Dip tastes even better than it looks. Don't know how they do it. One can't complain that the portions at Great Sage are small. Speaking of big, time for a new Gold Coast Mansion post, isn't it?