Monday, July 4, 2011

Monday, July 4th

The last day of vacation started with an unusually healthy and delicious breakfast at Cafe Nola. Tofu Scramble with Sweet Potato Fries $8.95. The Iced Tea is really excellent too.
This was Mr. SV's pic of the same meal using his Android. He always has to out do me.
Lunch was pretty damn great -- WF's Roasted Red Pepper Hummus on a Wegman's Everything Bagel.
Gardein Burgers and Corn on the Cob seemed an appropriate dinner.
Bananas Foster Smoothie. I used soy yogurt and left out the half & half. Extremely disappointing. Drank it all anyway.
A few more Cherry Caipirissimas. Happy 4th of July!

5 comments:

susan said...

That is one tiny breakfast!

Molly said...

I've been craving hummus something fierce today. I'm picking some up on our next grocery trip!

The Android takes really nice pictures, but I like yours better. :)

xvavaveganx said...

Wow, there is a lot to comment on today because everything looks amazing (especially the pup! so cute!). Breakfast looked so yummy, those sweet potato fries! Jealous! I'm on a hummus kick now too so your lunch looked great, and the corn for dinner looked so fresh! Looks like you had a great 4th!!

Oh and here are 2 drink recipes! The blueberry lemonade slush can be spiked with liquor, they recommend lemon vodka but blueberry vodka would probably be yummy too!

http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipes/9433?printer=yes

http://www.sunnyvegan.com/2011/06/blueberry-lemonade/

Jessica said...

I agree, I like your photo better - is that a stick of tofu coming out of the screen to tempt me? I've never seen tofu scrambled that way, but it sure looks better than a smushy mess we sometimes get.

The corn and tomato look great, too. What a difference it makes when those ordinary foods are really in season!

Vegan In The VI said...

Hey Now!!!!

I responded to these comments and then lost it. So here's what I basically said...

Susan, are you being sarcastic because I personally could've eaten a lot more scramble as well as an english muffin with jelly.

VF, I know that hummus craving all too well. Thanks for the compliment on the pics.

VaVa, awesome drink recs. Gotta get back to the liquor store for tequila.

Jessica, that is a little stick of yellow squash that is happy to see you. I was hoping for smushy scramble and surprised by this firm scramble. I had more interesting stuff to say about this issue before I lost it all.