Monday, July 5, 2010

Three-Day Weekends Are Good

Dinner was TJ's Chickenless Pulled Chicken (with some extra added Tabasco Sauce), Roasted Carrots and Zucchini Pancakes. To veganize the pancake recipe, I use six teaspoons of egg replacer and eight teaspoons of warm water in place of the eggs. I use 'Sugar in the Raw' instead of the granulated sugar and I use spray margarine on the skillet to prevent the pancakes from sticking when cooking.
Dessert was a cup of Pistachio nuts. I chose salt over sugar for my treat...

5 comments:

Stacy said...

OMG!!! You did it, you made the pancakes!! I will have a do-over, in your honor! Thank you!

Carissa said...

Those pancakes are so simple! I'll have to try them. I only have half a zucchini left though.

Rose said...

Wow, those pancakes sound great...and I love pistacios...we often snack on them while watching a flick...don't even get me started on onion rings...they are my favorite dirty pleasure.

I agree 3-day weekends are good...but all the more sad come Tuesday !

Bianca said...

Pistachios sound like a fine dessert to me. And I MUST try those Gardein tenders. They look like the chicken strips I loved as a kid!

Vegan In The VI said...

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love all your blogs and it's so nice of you to come to mine.