Sunday, July 4, 2010

I Forgot To Eat Potato Salad Today

Lunch was at Sonoma Coffee Cafe in Stephenson. Their claim to fame is Crepes. (The owner said the Crepe mix is just Flour, Water and a little Salt -- no eggs). You pick your fillings, they heat them up in the Crepe, fold it up in a 'V' shape and serve it in a paper cone. I chose Spinach, Bell Pepper, Mushroom, Red Onion, Tomato & Balsamic Vinaigrette for my filling. It was decent, would've been better with lots of cheese.
Dessert was a Matcha Green Tea Frappe -- Soy Milk, Matcha Powder & Peppermint Syrup. Mr. SV insisted on hand modeling it for me since it was dripping all over his truck.
Dinner was Okara Burgers with Corn-On-The-Cob and Zucchini.
My second dessert of the day was a Coconut Mini. So Delicious!
Lots of Black Swan Cabernet Sauvignon.

11 comments:

Stacy said...

Damn, that crepe looks so flaky and delicious!!!!

Vegan In The VI said...

Thanks, Stacy. It was actually pretty lame. I can believe there were no eggs in it. Very crumbly and dry. Oh well, at least the frozen drink was good!

Morgan@LittleHouseofVeggies said...

I love those coconut so delicious sandwiches! They are so good, huh! Its all good, if you ask me you can eat potato salad any day of the week...

Anonymous said...

I'll share my potato salad with you Cynthia. I made too much for two.

Rose said...

I've never been a fan of crepes...interesting that they don't have eggs in the batter. Never mind the potato salad...the dinner looks like perfect 4th fare.

I'll have to try those minis at some point...I've always liked the tofutti cuties too.

Carissa said...

That ice cream sandwich looks yum! I love crepes! I don't think I am going to eat potato salad today either, so it's not only you :)

blessedmama said...

Okay, what's going on with Mr. S.V.'s nail? Nice of him to be so "handy" though! Har.

jess_fildespages said...

What a day! My experience make crepes involved almost lighting a kitchen on fire-I'm not allowed to go near them anymore.

Jill said...

Love the sound of the Matcha Green Tea Frappe. Someday I'll try making something like this at home. Right now, I'm living without a blender :(

Vegan In The VI said...

Hello, Ladies!

Crepes and Frappes and Potato Salad! Oh My!

I hope you all enjoyed your holiday weekend (except for Stacy, Jessica & Jill who aren't from this country).

kimberly said...

i WANT that green tea frappe! that looks so tasty && cool!