Saturday, July 10, 2010

Every Bite Was Good Today

Lunch was at La Mezzaluna Cafe in Charles Town, WV. They serve their Salad like the Olive Garden...
They also make their 'Garlic Knots' in a separate batch especially for us -- without the cheese. So warm and soft.
In addition to all of the above, we get a massive portion of Penne Contadina (Marinara Sauce & Broccoli with loads of Garlic) for $5.95
Dinner was the same as last night -- Okara Burgers with Tater Tots. I will confess a recent obsession with these Okara Burgers. They are so flat and tough, I just don't get it.
Lots of Liberty Creek Cabernet Sauvignon...

6 comments:

Carissa said...

Oooo muy delicioso! I haven't had italian in a while. So what's up with these okra burgers. What brand are they?

Stacy said...

It seems like Olive Garden nostalgia is rife among vegans. I feel it myself, and can't really explain it. My husband and I used to go there and claim it was one of our birthdays just to get the free cake.

dirtyduck said...

"they are so flat and tough" ha nope that doesnt sound so good. cute title, good for you, asking for the bread to be made special. thats always an inspiration.

Dianne said...

Hm, I've wondered about those okara burgers when I've seen them in the store, although I admit I'm more for the mushy veggie burgers than the tough ones.

foodfeud said...

Do you make or buy the Okara burgers? They sound interesting.

Vegan In The VI said...

The Okara Burgers are Soy Boy. If you put the cursor over the words 'Okara Burger', it should link to the website. I'll post a pic of the box next time I make them.