Friday, March 8, 2013

Friday, March 8th

Long time no see this breakfast. It was good today, unlike last time.
The Falafel Platter $8.99 at Woodside Deli for lunch. This was okay, but the seedy noisy ambiance detracted from the quality of the food.
Oh She Glows Avocado Pasta for dinner. I'm over this now.
A piece of Carrot Cake from Dawson's Market for dessert. I'm definitely not over this. (That is a large piece of Walnut in front).
If I were into Pinterest, I'd totally pin this photo from a restaurant review in today's NYPost:
"Cavolfiori Pizza ($17 or $36) with vibrant, multicolored cauliflower florets and Meyer lemon slices resting atop a rich cauliflower puree." Looks so gorgeous. Folks who live in NYC are so lucky.

6 comments:

xvavaveganx said...

Glad your grapefruit was up to par this time! That lunch looks really good. Too bad the ambiance detracted from the meal. The pasta still looks great but I know how it goes to get sick of something. That carrot cake however! That looks decadent and amazing and i'm more than a little jealous that I don't have a piece!

foodfeud said...

Wow, very interesting pizza. It's at macy's?? I wonder if it's totally vegan or if they mash the cauliflower with butter and cheese or something.
If I cared about anything, I'd totally make that pizza.
Pretty carrot cake. I'd probably make that too.

Unknown said...

Love the not so blah breakfast- those nuggets are sooo much better than most energy bars out there. Too bad lunch had obnoxious side effects- looks like a nice side of hummus there.
.. That pizza is gorgeous! Who knew macys would open a foodie kind of place?
I should investigate... And do some research on that so called prosecco bar they mentioned!
Ttrockwood@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Everything looks so delicious and I love the artistic shot with the cake.

That pizza does look gorgeous. NYC has such a shit ton of stuff- definitely lucky people who live there, foodwise at least.

Ingrid said...

Ha ha! Glad you tried the avocado pasta, and now know you can have it every once in a while. Seems to be about every two-three weeks for me. I've also tweaked the recipe a little to change it up.

The Cavolfiori Pizza does look pretty amazing!

Vegan In The VI said...

Hey Now!!!!

VaVa, I thought you were gonna say you were familiar with the NYPost photographer who took the pizza pic. The caption says it was Tamara Beckwith, but that doesn't seem correct as she is a British socialite.

FF, people who care about things sure can make some pizza and cake, can't they?

Unknown, so you're gonna investigate the restaurant and still not blog about it??? Can't you just start blogging like a normal person?

RVs, you're showing us all that Milwaukee can hold its own against NYC, so that is cool.

Ingrid, I totally overdid the Avocado Pasta. Too too much. Why didn't you warn me that could happen???