Wednesday, June 30, 2010

WFH Wednesday

Lunch was the leftovers of this Chicken & Rice Dish that I made last week.
Dinner was a Nora sandwich made with TJ's Chipotle Hummus on a toasted Ezekiel English Muffin, Bread & Butter Pickles on the side. I always have to a Nora sandwich on WFH days. Whether it's for lunch or dinner.
Dessert was an ancient, chemical-laden cookie I bought at Big Lots several years ago. Several cookies are pictured below, but only one was actually ingested. Bleh! This was the first time I ever ate food that had actually gone bad.
Lots of Black Swan Merlot to try and get that disgusting taste out of my mouth.

11 comments:

foodfeud said...

What does WFH mean?
Too bad about those cookies, sweets would never go bad in my house!

Vegan In The VI said...

WFH = Working From Home. That cookie was severely inedible but I ate it anyway. Very bizarre.

dirtyduck said...

lol, old cookies. the rest will find a new home in your compost? your tomatoes are always so gorgeous.

Carissa said...

What's TJ's chipotle hummus?

Stacy said...

Oh, the joys and sorrows of Big Lots.....

blessedmama said...

So, you finished the cookie anyway??

Dianne said...

Haha I never know cookies could go bad that were made entirely of sugar! Oh well!

jess_fildespages said...

Youd think with all the chemicals thatd theyd be good for an eternity!

Bianca said...

Several years ago! You sound like me. I buy things at Big Lots and then I horde them until they go bad. I'm a junk food hoarder. Luckily, that's the only thing I horde.

Vegan In The VI said...

UGH!!! I would've felt better if I ate toxic waste. All day long I've been queasy from that f*cking cookie. It will take a long time to get that sh*t out of my system. I have no idea how an unopened package of sugar and chemicals could ever go bad?!

Blessed Mama -- WHY???? WHY??? Did I finish the cookie???? I've been asking myself that same question all day. I think I might have been hoping I was wrong and it wasn't putrid food after all?

Bianca, after I throw out the other four packs of cookies, I'm beginning to think I'm losing $ at Big Lots rather than saving.

(Carissa -- Trader Joe's makes a very spicy Hummus. It's really super spicy.)

dirtyduck said...

the language!! remember that post i wrote awhile back about raw bars, and how they reminded me of another bar i had that made me really sick with hives etc? well..i got that bar at big lots....so im with what Stacy said.