Tuesday, June 15, 2010

An Okay Food Day

The mess below is my lunch from Quiznos. Based on Quarry Girl's Post, I went in to my local Quiznos and requested a "Veggie" on a "Torpedo". The nice woman working there said I could only get the "Veggie" on a Sandwich or Flatbread. Confused, I got it on the Whole Wheat Sandwich Bread. After coming back to my desk and re-reading Quarry Girl's Post, I found out I was supposed to ask for a "Torpedo" with no meat, hence just leaving the veggies. Oh well, $7.79 later (plus the cost of the Tofurky) I am older and wiser. This is also why I have yet to risk ordering a vegan Frappucino from Starbucks. I'm sure I'll wind up ordering a non-vegan one.
Dinner was the rest of the Tofu Benin with Tomato-Peanut Sauce (Potatoes on the side) .
Dessert was Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream just to mix things up.

9 comments:

dirtyduck said...

i love how some people cannot think "outside the box" come on, cant she think?

rant rant.

ordering a vegan frapp is easy, (says the girl that stuttered her way through and thoroughly annoyed the barista) order it like this

the people there know that they are vegan now, just say you want a vegan frapp with soy and choose which flavor you want, they are all vegan.

dirtyduck said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dirtyduck said...

soy mocha frapp with no cream on top.

(thats what i got the first time i went there since they became vegan, it was my first coffee ever.)

so just say that, some of the syrups are not vegan but most it seems are now. peppermint, cherry, raspberry, vanilla, mocha syrup etc is

sorry about all the double infos, i went and searched around a bit to see what it was that i ordered. also you can go here and build your own.http://www.frappuccino.com/

Stacy said...

Once I ordered the portobello mushroom burger at a restaurant--I was with a bunch of people and was in a rush so I didn't read the menu closely. Imagine my surprise when they brought me a big ol' meat patty with a portobello mushroom on top! Awful.

PS thanks for the glaze recipe.

Carissa said...

Great blog! Lots of tasty looking sandwiches! I am following your blog now. Check mine out and follow it if you like :) elilaiann.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

totally love how you pull out the tofurky to top your pricey sandwich! and thanks for all the how to order vegan starbucks replies i'm feeling like i need to get on it.

jess_fildespages said...

mmmm! vegan ice cream! its my saviour! and i feel your starbucks pain! i always get a little anxious going there are trying to order something vegan!

Morgan@LittleHouseofVeggies said...

I think Quiznos is so expensive! I looooooove Purely Decadent! Oh man, that stuff is amazing, I had some last night. mmmmmmm....

Vegan In The VI said...

Hello, Ladies!

Michelle, I agree, the world would've fallen off its axis if Quiznos made me a "Veggie" on a "Torpedo". I'm still gearing up to get that Frap;-)

Stacy, ordering in a public spot can be so stressful and distracting. I wonder why...?

Carissa & Jessica, I've added you both to my links, thank you for coming by!

Morgan, screw Quiznos! I'd only go there again if I were super desperate!