Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Thrifty Tuesday

Lunch was two Bean Burrito's with no cheese from Taco Bell. I haven't had these for years, they're still .99/each, and they still taste exactly the same as they did 20 years ago. Later I had a little bag of Nuts.
When I came home, I made a Mojito for the first time. The first one was way too Limey. The second one was better, more Minty, but a little warm due to lack of ice. Maybe the next one will be just right. Practice! Practice!
Dinner was the rest of the Soba Noodles with Peanut Sauce and Tempeh. This certainly was an economical recipe, I got several meals out of it, and I will look forward to making it again.
No dessert tonight.

8 comments:

Carissa said...

Ok, how did you make your mojito. I love mojitos but suck at making them at home. I love the pineapple mojitos the best! Maybe I'll try to make a lychee one since I have a bunch of those. Do share your recipe if you have a good one!

Rose said...

That mojito is calling my name!

Stacy said...

Really, you must keep trying with the mojitos. Don't disappoint us by giving up....

jess_fildespages said...

We should hang out with mojitos. I love what you do to veganism!

blessedmama said...

Taco Bell! I'll secretly confess, between you and me, b/c I'm sure no one else will see this...I LOVE their hot sauce. Gulp. Looks like a good food day.

dirtyduck said...

i love their hot sauce too!!! not gonna lie!lol. i was thinking of their food all week long:(

Vegan In The VI said...

Wow! Six comments! This is a world record for me! I once dreamt that I got 20 comments on one post. Maybe one day....

Anyways!

Carrisa, I have never had a lychee before -- I live in Virginia. If I am able to ever make a good Mojito, everyone will know.

Rose, I thought I heard something strange when I made it.

Stacy, I plan to spend the whole weekend making Mojitos. (Come out from behind that private Blogger address and BLOG!)

Jessica, who says veganism and alcohol don't go together? Not me!

Blessed Mama, you could feed the whole brood at TB for under $10!

Michelle, what is it about their little liquid packets of hot sauce that is so good???? It's a food abomination but I like it!

kimberly said...

ohhhh t-bell. never changes.