Monday, June 14, 2010

A Pretty Good Food Day

Lunch was a Spring Veggie Sandwich from WF's...
Dinner was Martha Stewart's Black Bean and Brown Rice Cakes with Tomato. Roasted Broccoli and Kamut on the side. I made a make-shift Ranch Dressing based on several different internet recipes (1 TBS Veganaisse, 1-2 tsps Apple Cider Vinegar, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Parsley, Dill, Soy Creamer) that tasted pretty darn good.
Dessert was a slice of Devil's Food Peanut Butter Cake. I must emphasize that this recipe is really outstanding. Reminds me of one of my childhood favorites -- Drake's Funny Bones.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I gotta say, although I'm not a fan of peanutbutter in my after dinner sweets, this looks incredibly moist. That alone would make me give it a shot - I think it's the frosting that's pulling me in though!

dirtyduck said...

mmm cake...lol

Stacy said...

Yeah, do you mind sharing how you made your glaze? I think I'm too lazy to do the whole VT recipe.
I have obviously come down with a case of the lazies this summer....

Dianne said...

That ranch dressing looks amazing. I might have to copy it! I've been craving ranch on my salads but the only recipe I know is made out of cashews...and that's just too much work for a salad... ;-)

Vegan In The VI said...

Hello, Ladies!

Amanda -- be grateful you aren't a fan of peanut butter for dessert. There are a billion other alternatives, so you're one down.

Stacy, I just sifted (in a mess strainer) a cup of 10X sugar and a 1/4 cup of cocoa powder together. Then I gradually stirred in one tablespoon at a time of Soy Creamer (about four or five TBS) till it's the consistency you desire. Covers the top layer. Seriously this cake is awesome.