Saturday, April 24, 2010

Pizza & Nuggets

I wanted to make some pizza with my Daiya mozzarella, so I bought a couple packages of TJ's Whole Wheat Pizza Dough. Unfortunately, when I got home I read the ingrediants and of course they aren't vegan -- L-Cysteine rears it's ugly head again. So I instead used Ezekiel English Muffins, Wegman's Marinara sauce and some Daiya mozzarella to satisfy my pizza craving. There was a plating issue that required me to scoop the sauce & Daiya back on top of the muffins before photographing, so it may look a little messy, but it was very delicious!So delicious, in fact, that I made two more and fortunately these two did not perform a back-flip onto the plate.
Dinner was Gardein Crispy Tenders with Heinz 57.
Lots of Frontera Malbec. See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

dirtyduck said...

L-cysteine(sp?), i know right? i just found out about that maybe a year ago! im not usually so slow on the ingredients.and i read that its from human hair or *gulp* duck feathers.

i did not end up buying any gardein(sp?) stuff, im going to wait till they email me back about their ingredients, i will eventually try them so i dont know why i made that rule for myself...probably because i dont want to get hooked on something that is 5.99 a bag,lol that would mean giving up some other obsession i have, and...im just not redy to do that.

~M~ said...

I had no idea about the L-cysteine. Thanks for sharing!!