Saturday, April 10, 2010

Enjoying The Vegan Lifestyle

Lunch was at Mezzaluna Cafe in Charles Town, WV. Starting with the House Salad shared Olive-Garden-Style with Oil & Vinaigrette on the side...
A basket of their famous Garlic Knots made without butter just for me.
My Penne Contadina -- Pasta with Broccoli, Marinara Sauce & GARLIC!
Returning home,we saw a bank of Virginia Bluebells seemingly growing wild, so Mr. SV stopped the car and let me hop out to take a pic.
Such pretty dainty flowers. I began pondering the beauty of nature...
I want to protect it however possible. Using Soapberries is more natural than harsh detergents. Even though I happened to win these Soap Nuts fair and square, I would be willing to spend my hard earned dollars on them.
Anyways, back to the purpose of the blog: Food
Dinner was one of Alicia's Cutlets w/Heinz57, a Baked Potato with Sour Supreme and Bac'Uns and Roasted Asparagus. This is the last of the Asparagus unless it shows up on sale again somewhere, but it will be hard to pay more than .99/pound ever again.
Then I had one of these super stale cookies....
and lots of Frontera Cabernet/Merlot. See you tomorrow!

7 comments:

Vegan Epicurean said...

Those little flowers were beautiful. :-) Thank you so much for sharing the picture of them!

Glad to hear you like the liquid soapnuts. Have you found anywhere locally that sells them? I forgot to check for them at Wegman's.

Alicia

Rose said...

Those little flowers are perfectly charming.

Food looks good...when I go to Italian places I almost always get pasta in red sauce, a lot of times it's the only vegan thing, but it's also usually the tastiest as well. I could never get enough of it.

dirtyduck said...

you are so annoying:)

and rose is right, those flowers are charming but if I said that id feel silly, coming from her is sounds perfect! yay for nature and for feeling good about what we do best, bein' vegan! im really glad you are having a nice weekend, the weather is cooperating also by the looks of those photos!!

thats cool that you let them make you bread with out butter, thats so accomadating of them and you gave me confidance to ask for that for myself next time.

~M~ said...

Love the flowers!

blessedmama said...

One of your best posts ever! I love the ongoing soap bits. :)

Vegan In The VI said...

Hello, Ladies!

Alicia, thanks! I haven't seen the Soapnuts locally. I'll check around and post on the price comparisons.

Rose, thanks, lunch was better tasting than it appeared.

Michelle, "annoying"? Has Mr. SV been talking to you?

M, thanks! I'll try that Almond Milk ASAP!

Blessed Mama, thanks to you as well. Michelle is obviously pissed I won her contest. Not sure what that's about?????

blessedmama said...

So, just out of curiosity, I added olives to my taglines, and up popped eight recipes! Must get more, more, more!