Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Wednesday, October 15th

Appreciating these Honeycrisps more and more each day...
Lunch was a 'Pasty', i.e., 'Pot Pie' from a local purveyor, Pure Pasty Company...
I am hopeful that the crust is vegan as well, because I dont see that listed in the ingredients...
The last of the WF's Breaded Tofu (for now, love that stuff) with Roasted Cauliflower for dinner. This is the third dinner I have gotten out of a single Caulflower and there is still another portion left to roast. Great value...
Looks like I am able to forego dessert tonight. Bye for now.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Another great food day! I know how you feel about the honeycrisps, I feel the same way. So freaking good. The mushroom pie looks really good and I bet it was a really hearty comforting dish. I'm so curious about the breaded tofu, I wish my Whole Foods carried it! I love cauliflower and you are right, you can get a lot of servings out of one head.

I miss seeing your yummy dessert treats! Your dessert trolley must be overflowing ;)

Unknown said...

I'm having my apple a day too, and might panic when the season is over...
That pie/patsy/whatever looks great! And i figure if they know what "vegan" means to label a food as such then i'm just going to trust them. Crust is easy (and cheaper) to make vegan so odds are seriously in your favor.

Roasted cauliflower is the best way to eat it- when i get bored i just add smoked paprika or a sesame oil and soy sauce mix. I never did understand the people who mash it and ruin the great texture.
Ttrockwood

Vegan In The VI said...

Hey Now!!!!

Sarah, the dessert trolley is definitely overflowing. I feel bad about if, but I know I will get to it again soon.

Unknown, 'panic' is the exact right word to describe the feeling I expect when I find the Honeycrisps are gone. As well as depression. I'm not even an Apple lover! Mashing Caulflower would be too much effort for me anyway.