Saturday, October 4, 2014

Saturday, October 4th

My Tofu Scramble Wrap was manually rearranged on the plate by moi before photographing it this morning at True Food Kitchen (additionally, the Beans were served with cheese before I sent them back to come out without cheese. Beware!). Next time I will ask for a box when I order and save half the Wrap for another day. It is a deceptively massive portion...
The open kitchen is very impressive. I believe I would enjoy a job cutting up Veggies all day...
As you know, every weekend, Mr. SVegetarian buys most of his food for the week from Loving Hut  and then reheats it nightly. Today we discovered that Loving Hut has revamped their menu. How adorable is it that the owner did this? She raised a great son...
Mom made a tasty dish! My old favorite, #22, has been renumbered to #37, but #32 is now my new favorite...
No dessert yet again. There is quite a back log of sweets. Bye for now.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That's a lotta tofu in that wrap! No veggies in there? Maybe they are hiding... Unexpected cheese/sour cream/meat crumbles as garnish are the bane of my existence! its like a sneak attack!
I love the mom's tofu- that is so adorable and endearing. Even better that it was delicious :)
Maybe you'll wake up craving sweets and hurt the dessert stash tomorrow.

I'm going apple picking in a few weeks with a bunch of friends- i always end up with a ton since everyone loves to pick them yet doesn't know what to do with more than a week's worth, so i end up making chutney and baked apples ontop of eating them raw. Sounds like you found some good ones!
Ttrockwood

Ingrid said...

I need to try out True Food for a meal (I've only been there for a happy hour beverage), their no reservation policy is a little ridiculous - which is honestly the reason I haven't made it in!

#32 does sound good, hooray for Mom!

Sarah said...

That wrap looks really amazing. I was also curious about the veggie content. So annoying that they put cheese on the beans but at least they fixed it for you. Definitely a great looking meal and how cool that they have an open kitchen! I'm a big fan of that!

How cute that the owner honored his mother like that! It sounds and looks really delicious, I can see how mom had an influence on him! Just when you think you can't love Loving Hut any more you see things like that!

Vegan In The VI said...

Hey Now!!!!

Unknown, just some Peppers in the Wrap. Very high quality. I think of unexpected sprinkled cheese garnishes as I would if someone sneezed on my food before serving it. Wonder what kind of Apples you will be picking? Guess you could make that Torta Di Mela that Abby Bean posted about yesterday?

Ingrid, I didnt know that True Food had a no reservattion policy. If you visit Grandma soon, you will able to try out the Fairfax location before it becomes the mob scene I anticipate it becoming,

Sarah, seriously doubt any human I would raise would become an owner of a Loving Hut franchise. Good grief! Scary thoughts, that.