Saturday, August 30, 2014

Saturday, August 30th

Starbucks Iced Soy Chai Tea is always 100% delicious. Today was no exception. 100%.
Unfortunately, I cannot say the same about Common Market's Tofurky Reuben. It failed me for the first time. Like some weird rancid flavor off the grill got into it...
and the Hot Bar Rosemary Roasted Potatoes were undercooked. Like they needed to sit on the Hot Bar for a few more hours...
then there was the issue of a Buca De Bepo Groupon expiring tomorrow...
Rather than waste the Groupon, I got a couple pounds of Spaghetti Marinara to go for dinner. Enjoyed with TJ's Meatless Meatballs. Not objectionable, but Mr. SVegetarian likes his own Spaghetti better,
so it looks like the pups will be recreating that scene in Lady and the Tramp this week but in a non-romantic brother sister way...
Do I continue my quest for only delicious food tomorrow, or just give up and accept that it is currently unattainable for me for some reason. Tune in to find out. Bye for now.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh no!! Weekends are supposed to be good food only! It started off promising with the iced chai but what a bummer about the reuben. It tasted like grill leftovers? Ugh.

That is a lot of pasta! Was the groupon for catering or something? I feel like we are going to be seeing a lot of it over the next week ;)

Yes, keep up the quest for good meals!! Sunday will be your day!

foodfeud said...

I'm with Sarah, bad food on weekends is like 3x worse than weekdays. And a holiday weekend no less. Or maybe that's why everyone is slacking. Rancid is not a word you want to hear on a food blog.
I've had undercooked potatoes too - that's not fun. maybe you'd have more control over the deliciousness of the food if you made yr own? That's my rationale anyway.

Vegan In The VI said...

Hey Now!!!!!

Sarsh, Buce De Bepo is known for their massive family size meals. So that big tray o 'ghetti was comsidered a lLarge portion. The remains are being served to the Pups, hence the Lady and the Tramp pic. You wont be seeing that pasta again on here again.

FF, the thought of eating my own cooking is pretty repulsive to me at this time.