Monday, December 14, 2009

Another Great Food Day

Below is what I usually take for breakfast daily -- a Banana with a tablespoon or two of TJ's Valencia Peanut Butter. I save the little plastic cups (along with tons of other plastic carry-out containers) that come with on-the-side salad dressing and wash them out to re-use.
Lunch today was a Veggie Burger from Cheeburger Cheeburger. Wow it was delicious! I got Guac, Pickles, Tomatoes, Onions and Lettuce on mine....
Dinner was Susan's Split Pea Soup (I added half a sliced Tofurkey Italian Sausage to my bowl)
Washed the soup down with 750 ML of the good stuff: Liberty Creek Cabernet Sauvignon.

4 comments:

Bianca said...

I save those little plastic containers too! Perfect for taking salad dressing and dips to work for lunch.

dirtyduck said...

hi,i just looked at that cheeburger link? i didnt see anywhere that they had a veggie burger, they should because yours looked really good!

i know i save containers also... but i stopped saving butter containers because of all the weird looks i get when i eat out of it....ha it does look like im "mac'n down on margarine". gross!

Vegan In The VI said...

Bianca, I am pleased to learn I'm not the only one. I hate tossing plastic in the trash.

DD -- Cheeburger Cheeburger does indeed have a Veggie Burger as well as a Portobello Mushroom. They have locations in San Diego, Tucson & Tempe. I highly recommend them.

Anonymous said...

Im a big plastic saver too.. you never know when you may need em! I often take my own containers to restaurants now, too, to avoid getting the good ol Styrofoam thing.

Adding your own touch to that soup was genius..looks good!