Sunday, February 15, 2009

Punk Rock Chick Pea Gravy

Today I finally made Punk Rock Chick Pea Gravy.

Here are the onions and mustard seeds browning
and toasting...
Added a can of Chick Peas...
Mashed them up with a fork and added the
11 herbs and spices, soy sauce & lemon juice...
Then stirred in the water w/flour and 1/4 cup
nutritional yeast.
I served the gravy on Celebration Roast with a side
of Roasted Cauliflower. My opinion: A lot of hard
work and ingrediants for something that isn't
as good as Goddess Dressing or Whole Foods
Wild Mushroom Gravy. I'm glad I finally tried it,
but I didn't think it lived up to the hype.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks amazing! Thanks for the step by step.

Bianca said...

Really! I love this stuff and thought it was even better than I'd expected. But then again, I'm a HUGE chickpea fan! I had a hard time not eating it with a spoon...like soup.