Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Wednesday, April 23rd

How's this for a healthy breakfast? Organic Strawberries for $3.99/ lb....
I was thrilled to discover leftover Sloppy Joe in the fridge. Enjoyed it on Rudi's English Muffin with some Chopped Onion...
Mushroom Ravioli for dinner....
With Wegman's Mushroom Pasta Sauce. Really good...
Originally, I planned to only eat half of this Vegan Treats Chocolate Chip Cookie for dessert, but after I realized how sugary and chewy it was, I said 'Who am I kidding?' and ate the whole thing...
Bye for now.

5 comments:

Hannah said...

I'm always embarrassed for people who only eat half a cookie, so well done for being a normal human.

Sarah said...

I'm jealous of those strawberries. Where did you find them for $3.99/lb?! They look great, sometimes the simplest meals are the best. The ravioli sounds delicious and that cookie looks great! I can't imagine only being able to eat half of it either.

Unknown said...

Those berries look SO good!! They are crazy $$ around here and usually taste like.... Nothingness. I just gorge myself when i go visit ca in the summer.
Nice lunch find! The dayglo pickles are so funny.
And a half a cookie is a unit of measure i can't comprehend.....
Ttrockwood

Abby Bean said...

So get this, spring is barely here and VT in Bethlehem already has chipwiches! In other words, your cookie is missing a mate and a filling of ice cream.

Vegan In The VI said...

Hey Now!!!!

Hannah, in defense of half cookie eaters, this VT cookie is massive and, as you know, we are a nation of fatties.

Sarah, the Berries were from a local grocery chain. It's not the best sale on Strawberries I've ever seen. That would have been at Whole Foods last summer for $1.99/lb. Wonder if that will ever happen again....

Unknown, gotta admit these Berries did taste good. I have another pound in the fridge. The Pickles are not the norm, and I don't suggest you buy them, but they have an unusual taste that is not unpleasant. Even a half of one of these VT cookies is as big as two 'normal' cookies.

Abby, that Chipwich story is just plain cruel!