Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Not The Best Food Day

Today at 10:56am I ordered online from Fosters Grille for 11:15 pickup...At 11:15am, I walked into the restaurant and told the cashier I had ordered online. She then walks over to printer, pulls off a sheet of paper and hands it to the cook. I was miffed. (Not too miffed, they were handling my food). Ordinarily, I'm more meek, but I now had time to kill. What's the point of online ordering if I still have to wait? The cashier insisted the order had "just" printed out when I walked in because it said "11:15". It also had a prominent "10:56" timestamp. How could I be walking into the restaurant AND placing the online order at the same time? but details... details....Anyways, a frozen Gardenburger was flung into the deep fryer alongside the Fries and within minutes I was out of her *ss and on my merry way. God forbid she should just admit to not checking the printer till I arrived. As it was, the burger was tough and the fries were salty...
Dinner was Quick Vegetable Ragout, aka Bland Boring Mixed Veggies. Not enough salt and pepper in the world to save this dish. (Sure could've used some of that salt from my fries at lunch). Oh well, tomorrow is another food day...

1 comment:

Vegan Epicurean said...

Certainly sounds like someone needed a little customer service training. Sorry you had such a rough food day. Hopefully the rest of your day was better.

Alicia