Wednesday, October 16, 2013

WTF Wednesday

Bob's Red Mill Steel Cut Oats with TJ's Dried Cranberries for breakfast...
Field Roast Frankfurter and TJ's Tots for lunch...
A 'Crabby Cake Sandwich ' $7 from The Randy Radish for dinner. Hearts of Palm, Organic Sweet White Corn and Sauteed Veggies formed into Croquettes, pan fried, and served atop an Organic Whole Wheat Bun with Mixed Greens and Creamy Remoulade Sauce. Yes, it tasted just like a Crab Cake...
'Chocolate Mousse' $4 from The Randy Radish for dessert. Lighter than regular Chocolate Mousse, went down smooth, I ate the entire cup to no ill effect.
Going for broke and staying home yet again tomorrow.

7 comments:

foodfeud said...

Omg I am sorry but cannot even look at that frankfurter and its wrinkly little skin hahaha. That is a million times funnier than yr banana breakfasts.
The mousse looks incredible; I thought it was hot chocolate at first. One of my favorite memories of France was the super intense chocolate mousse I ordered and could not even finish. (Pre-vegan, pre- even vegetarian is sadly the best way to visit France.)

Ingrid said...

I can't look at anything but that mousse.

DO IT! Let this be the "week of WFH"!

Hannah said...

If only I knew what crab cake tasted like.

Sarah said...

Chocolate mousse and crab cakes?! That is some intensely awesome food happening. Randy Radish really has a great selection of fun items!

I'm with Ingrid, go for it and we'll all be jealous!!

Abby Bean said...

I love those dogs; how have I never been smart enough to pair them with tots?

Anonymous said...

The Randy Radish fare sounds really fantastic. I just had a crabby cake po'boy from that restaurant in Madison with the awesome cheesecake.

Vegan In The VI said...

Hey Now!!!!

FF, my Frankfurter is firm and unwrinkly, thank you very much! My favorite food memories of France (only been there as a vegetarian) are the Brie-on-Baguette Sandwiches sold everywhere. Don't know what I'd eat if I ever get back there. Good thing I'm probably never going.

Ingrid, dang lunch with Mom tomorrow prevents me from staying home all five days.

Hannah, I started to try and describe what a Crab Cake tastes like and it's futile. Just assume it's delicious and even more so when vegan.

Sarah, it's certainly weird for me to be suddenly eating all these gourmet foods. In my own home no less.

Abby Bean, Field Roast Franks pair well with so many things. It is impossible to think of every combination.

RVs, glad we are both eating so well lately;-)