Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Mega Veggie Day

Lunch was a pound of Steamed Veggies and a cup of Spicy Red Lentil Chili. The Chili was way too delicious, so I decided to recheck the ingredients, and of course, there's butter in it. I swear it wasn't in there last time I checked! Major bummer.
Dinner was leftover Collard Greens with Tofurky Italian Sausage. Baked Potatoes with Sour Supreme instead of 'Corn Cake'. The pups weren't demanding Potatoes tonight, so I wound up eating two Baked Potatoes.
WF's Blueberry Pie for dessert. Mr. SV finished the Chocolate Pie yesterday for those playing along at home.
A bottle of Lost Vineyards Shiraz/Cabernet Sauvignon...

8 comments:

Jessica said...

I wonder who messed with the chili - they probably use butter for no good reason.

It's cool that you can check the ingredients online, though, instead of taking some server's guess and not worrying about it.

Carissa said...

Yay Wholefoods! I just had WF today too! I love their samosas!

Dianne said...

That blueberry pie looks so delish every time! I feel like it would go bad in my hot kitchen before I got through with it. *le sigh*

dirtyduck said...

".....for those playing along at home."
good one:)
i hate it when i either make a mistake(like your soup) or they change the ingredients on me!!!lol a pound of steamed veggies!sounds good...no dressing though? thats prety hardcore

Susan G said...

I hate when that happens. Trader Joe's just put whey in my favorite bread (and decreased the protein and fiber).

Just Us said...

How dare WF mess with the food like that...total bummer!
I will miss that chocolate pie! :o)

Morgan@LittleHouseofVeggies said...

Woo Hoo! Way to eat th9ose veggies!

Vegan In The VI said...

Hello, Ladies!!!!

Jessica, butter does so not belong in chili. So weird.

Thanks for coming by!